Brewed by Żywiec (Żywiec Group/Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Żywiec, Poland

RATINGS: 1177   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Jasne Pelne signifies "full pale lager".

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
foglemark (42) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - JUL 2, 2004
Golden coloured pale beer. Mediocre appearance but taste is refreshing with hints of herbs. Quick finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JUL 1, 2004
Bottle. Golden, slight haze that looks like little clouds floating through the beer. Medium head that dissipates fairly rapidly. Smells like a eurolager--slight malt with a bit of sweetness. Taste is slightly malty with a little bit of bitterness in the finish. Soft mouthfeel. Not that bad. I remember it tasting a lot better in Poland.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
MartinKubert (862) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JUN 30, 2004
Wtery and uninteresting brew. Weak and bad. Metallic flavour and finish. Quite carbonated. Corn in aftertaste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
DanielBrown (4163) - Birmingham (via Leicester), West Midlands, ENGLAND - JUN 27, 2004
Bottle from Stirchley Wines and Spirits. It’s easy to forget that these regional macro lagers often taste better when on draught in their country of origin. This was all over the place when I was in Poland, and it’s not too bad. A creamy malt falvour - light and smooth. A hint of metal in the finish and this is very sweet. But reasonable stuff, although not my favourite from Poland.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUN 26, 2004
I was pleasantly surprised with this one. This is really tasty. Has a nice floral aroma with a grainy golden amberish appearance, with a little foamy head. Nice balance of grassy hops and sweet malts. This is very drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
shadey (1998) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JUN 24, 2004
A polish friend asked me to find him polish beer. This was one of the ones I found. He loved it, and I thought it was good enough. The bottle has this little thermometer on it that lets you know when you can drink it. I give it a couple extra points just for that.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
mohawksin (187) - Nebraska, USA - JUN 23, 2004
I could definitely smell the hops right away. Very grassy taste. A good bitterness that I enjoyed. I will definitely have this again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - JUN 12, 2004
This is not that bad. I found a surprising amount of malt and a kind of nice bitterness and grainy dryness toward the end of the swallow. Pretty big malty nose. Not bad for a sort of generic Eurolager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
pootzboy (1664) - Hawgville, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 6, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 22, 2008 For some reason I decided to watch a hockey game and hit the LCBO instead of the beer store tonight. I picked reasonably priced (most cheaper than domestic brews) Euro-pils: Czechvar, Zywiec, Urquell, Okocom and Kozel. I love Czech and Polish Pilsner so for me this was like picking up a favorite snack food. Unfortunately I have to rate the Zywiec the worst of the lot. Not for any grave reason like light or heat spoiled or cheap ingredients or production short cuts but simply because this Polish pils has an identity crisis. It doesn’t know what it want’s to be. It had the darkest color of the four and had all the mouth characteristics of a heavier German lager with some faint Pilsen style hopping and the finish of a husky Dutch strong lager. It was a good beer, don’t get me wrong, but just what is it? Nothing distinctive of the Polish pilsen style here. Certainly not pale yellow, dry, floral, with a crisp mouth and pleasingly tart finish. Mine had the afore mentioned trick label to tell me when the temperature was correct….and it was…. it’s just that the correct temperature really didn’t bring out any distinct character That may palate craves. This is still a good beer at a good price and I may buy it when they were out of the other of my favorite pils.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
zenek (1) - sopot, POLAND - MAY 28, 2004 does not count
This is a very good polisch beer. Nice golden colour with big head. Aroma is very hoppy, in a good way. Flavor is very full with both hops and malts. Mouthfeel is nice.