Brewed by Żywiec (Żywiec Group/Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Żywiec, Poland

RATINGS: 1183   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Jasne Pelne signifies "full pale lager".

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUN 26, 2004
I was pleasantly surprised with this one. This is really tasty. Has a nice floral aroma with a grainy golden amberish appearance, with a little foamy head. Nice balance of grassy hops and sweet malts. This is very drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
shadey (2020) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JUN 24, 2004
A polish friend asked me to find him polish beer. This was one of the ones I found. He loved it, and I thought it was good enough. The bottle has this little thermometer on it that lets you know when you can drink it. I give it a couple extra points just for that.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
mohawksin (187) - Nebraska, USA - JUN 23, 2004
I could definitely smell the hops right away. Very grassy taste. A good bitterness that I enjoyed. I will definitely have this again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - JUN 12, 2004
This is not that bad. I found a surprising amount of malt and a kind of nice bitterness and grainy dryness toward the end of the swallow. Pretty big malty nose. Not bad for a sort of generic Eurolager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
pootzboy (1671) - Hawgville, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 6, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 22, 2008 For some reason I decided to watch a hockey game and hit the LCBO instead of the beer store tonight. I picked reasonably priced (most cheaper than domestic brews) Euro-pils: Czechvar, Zywiec, Urquell, Okocom and Kozel. I love Czech and Polish Pilsner so for me this was like picking up a favorite snack food. Unfortunately I have to rate the Zywiec the worst of the lot. Not for any grave reason like light or heat spoiled or cheap ingredients or production short cuts but simply because this Polish pils has an identity crisis. It doesn’t know what it want’s to be. It had the darkest color of the four and had all the mouth characteristics of a heavier German lager with some faint Pilsen style hopping and the finish of a husky Dutch strong lager. It was a good beer, don’t get me wrong, but just what is it? Nothing distinctive of the Polish pilsen style here. Certainly not pale yellow, dry, floral, with a crisp mouth and pleasingly tart finish. Mine had the afore mentioned trick label to tell me when the temperature was correct….and it was…. it’s just that the correct temperature really didn’t bring out any distinct character That may palate craves. This is still a good beer at a good price and I may buy it when they were out of the other of my favorite pils.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
zenek (1) - sopot, POLAND - MAY 28, 2004 does not count
This is a very good polisch beer. Nice golden colour with big head. Aroma is very hoppy, in a good way. Flavor is very full with both hops and malts. Mouthfeel is nice.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
bluevegie (3069) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - MAY 21, 2004
Good clear golden body with a short lasting white head. Hoppy nose, floral as well as grassy. Nice lemon bitterness, medium body and a metallic finish.

Piwosz (5) - POLAND - MAY 16, 2004 does not count
One of the best beers out there. I have to say that i tried many, but this flavor carries with it such tradition, that we can admire it purly for history...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
JensenTaster (1719) - DENMARK - MAY 10, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 28, 2004 (on bottle)This is a fine example for other brewers, who whises to make good mass-producted beer: Do as Zywiec and don´t ever compromise on your malt, hops and yeast. Being a avarage, every-day-drinking-beer it beats all the big players in quality of raw materials, and therefore in aroma, flavor and taste. Maybe my best pilsner experience ever!!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
fiulijn (16924) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 5, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 1, 2010 2009-07-18, draught in Warsaw, 5-2-5-2-11=25
Blond color. Light malt aroma and flavor, correct bitterness. Not bad on a hot summer day in Warsaw...

2004-04-27, bottle, 2-1-2-1-2=8
Blond color. Very strange aroma, light, of alcohol and cleaning products. Poor character, spicy berries, dry, a bit harsh, bad.