overall

RATINGS: 984   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Zywiec Porter, pronounced "je-vi-ets", is a dark, strong beer brewed according to the traditional recipe from 1881, with the Munich malt and special malts for caramel and color plus the highest quality aromatic hops. Everything together creates a unique combination of taste. Production of this Porter was moved to Bracki Bowar in 2004 .

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
brugmanneke (278) - GERMANY - SEP 1, 2011
(bottle) Almost black and non-transparent. Dark head. Smell makes me think of sea breeze, sand, minerals. As it warms a bit, an initial hint of berries (raspberry? blueberry?) becomes more pronounced. Taste is medium bitter, and only very lightly sweet. Aroma of salty liquorice is striking at first, and again mineral and fruity notes. Full body and sticky texture, medium finish. ABV is too high for my liking and this is not my favourite style at all, but apart from that, I am pleased!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
THE BEER BARON (275) - Wisconsin, USA - JUL 20, 2001
Nice head, strong taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Arnie (274) - Chicagoland, IL, Illinois, USA - JUL 21, 2006
Bottle. Dark, crisp, and strong, this thick, malty porter packs a punch. It’s chocolaty in color and opaque, bitter on the nose with hints of coffee, and filling on the palate.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
InPivoVeritas (273) - Bydgoszcz, POLAND - JAN 26, 2014
Deep brown with nice tan head. Aroma of chocolate, coffee, caramel, plums and bread crust. Very creamy with pleasant alcohol note. A little bit metallic. Great baltic porter.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Petkus331 (273) - Redford, Michigan, USA - MAR 1, 2014
A mild sweet raisin and dried fruit aroma with mild roast malt. Dark brown, almost black, thin white head. Sweet raisin very balanced with malt bitterness taste and some charcoal. Palate is filling and fizzy. Overall, wow! This was a very good Baltic porter!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Cristobal37 (271) - Canyon Lake, California, USA - DEC 1, 2013
While I still prefer a good English porter over a Baltic, this was fantastic. I really enjoyed the body and first impression. My problem with Baltic porters is that I typically get a strange finish. Not sweet or nutty, but like metal or booze. Anyway, as good as this was it still had that unsavory finish. Not my favorite style, but a good beer and one worth trying.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
LiteWait (267) - New Hampshire, USA - MAY 21, 2011
500ml bottle, Used a snifter. Pours very dark brown nearly black with a beige head and good amount of lace. Aroma of rich roasted and caramel malts that creates a rich pleasant smell. The taste is a bold, full bodied malt and syrup with a good amount of warming alcohol on the way down. Its not bad but not something I would buy as porter isn”t my thing. Thanks AirForce Hops for sharing this dessert w me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
mxtur (266) - Michigan, USA - FEB 23, 2011
Pitch black no head and full bodied. Roasted malts are obvious. Only 9.5% I swear it’s a lie. Goes down a little harsh and I can feel it in my chest.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TC2642 (265) - Worcester, Worcestershire, ENGLAND - DEC 15, 2004
Dark black/brown with an off tan head. Molasses and burnt toffee aroma. Black malt and molasses taste, very full, slight subdued alchoholic taste towards the end. Excellent beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
eRock_2013 (264) - South Carolina, USA - SEP 16, 2013
My first Polish beer, which is only personally significant b/c my ancestry is Polish. A nice porter, very heavy dark appearance but an unexpectedly lighter flavor. Appetizing roasty aroma. Taste is sweet and sour with a mild coffee aftertaste. I am not usually a big fan of porters but as this one features a mild intensity of flavors I thoroughly enjoy Zywiec. No off flavors and not overbearing. Despite being 9.5% no noticeable alcohol in taste. Surprisingly drinkable. ---Rated via Beer Buddy