Des Moines Oktoberfest
What : Des Moines’ Ninth Annual Oktoberfest Celebration
When: Friday, September 28th & Saturday, September 29th
Tapping of Golden Keg @ 4:00 Friday
Hours: Friday, 3pm – 1am and Saturday, 3pm – 1 am
Where: South of Court Avenue on 4th Street, Downtown Des Moines
Details: Live Music, Authentic Food, Tented Beer Gardens, Contests & More!
Cost: $10 includes entry for both days, a commemorative mug and one drink ticket. Guests returning on Saturday with their mugs get in free. Discount Tickets will be available at all Des Moines area Hy-Vee stores starting August 22 or immediately at www.tikly.co for $7.
Misc: Oktoberfest will be held rain or shine as there are plenty of tents to shelter revelers from the elements.
Visit www.oktoberfestdsm.com for a schedule of events, photos from past Oktoberfests, event updates, contest information and other details.
Become a fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter twitter.com/OktoberfestDSM
For a chance to win tickets and prize packages.
Highlights of Des Moines’ Ninth Annual Oktoberfest include:
· A “Taste of Oktoberfest” lunchtime celebration at noon on Thursday, September 27th
o Inside Capital Square
o $1 Bratwurst lunch which includes root beer from Court Avenue Brewing Company
o Informational booth from the Iowa Genealogical Society’s German Interest group
· Live Polka music throughout the weekend as well as a polka dancing demonstration and lessons from the Polka Club of Iowa on Saturday from 4-6
· Bier Gardens featuring several German imports as well as domestic craft season offerings
· Authentic German food
· Contests including a Bier Maiden contest on Friday night and a Stein Holding contest which will be held for the first time this year
· Prizes for attendees who dress in traditional German attire for the event
· The tapping of the Golden Keg on Friday at 4:00 which officially marks the commencement of the event with free beer for all in attendance used for a giant group toast.
· A new contest will be announced the first week in September which will give away a private golden keg for the opening ceremonies. Check www.oktoberfestdsm.com for contest details in September.
$7 in advance/$10 at doorhttp://oktoberfestdsm.com/
Contact Info: Stephanie Andrews (email@example.com) 5153138009
|No comments added yet|