2nd Annual West Philadelphia Homebrew Competition
Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 1pm
Dock Street Brewery701 S. 50th Street
Philadelphia, PA, USA 19143
ATTN PHILLY BEER DRINKERS: Join us for this special event to celebrate the ultimate in “drinking local”. Homebrewers will showcase their amazing talents as you experience great beer emerging from the basements, kitchens and garages of Philadelphia. The $8 admission gets you in the door to experience all of these wonderful homebrews, light snacks from Dock Street, and voting privileges for the “People’s Choice Award”. Tickets are very limited, so act fast!
ATTN HOMEBREWERS: Brew your best and showcase your talents to a panel of celebrity judges!
We’re looking for Philadelphia-based homebrewers to compete – just for fun!
(This is not an AHA or BJCP sanctioned event.)
The rules are simple.
1. Any amateur homebrewer can enter.
2. All entries must be brewed at home, not in a commercial establishment.
3. There are no entry fees.
4. Three awards will be given on the day of the event:
a. Judge’s Choice Award – Determined by a group of “celebrity” judges, one homebrewer will be awarded one day with Dock Street’s head brewer (Scott Morrison), pack of homebrewing essentials from Brewers Supply Group ($100 value), variety of beers from our friends at Yards, a $50 Dock Street gift certificate, and $50 Home Sweet Homebrew gift certificate.
b. People’s Choice Award – Voted on by the audience, one homebrewer will be awarded a pack of homebrewing essentials from Brewers Supply Group ($50 value), Dock Street growler (+ fill), variety of beers from our friends at Yards and a $50 Home Sweet Homebrew gift certificate.
c. Best of the West Award- Judges select the best West-Philadelphia based homebrew. One homebrewer will join Dock Street as our guest at one of Philadelphia’s premiere beer events and also receive a pack of homebrewing essentials from Brewer’s Supply Group ($50 value), variety of beers from our friends at Yards, specialty Dock Street bottles,
5. All homebrewers selected for this competition will receive a $25 Dock Street gift certificate and a $25 Home Sweet Homebrew gift certificate.
6. Must be able to supply the equivalent of one case of beer on Sunday, February 10th per entry.
To enter, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
4. Email address
5. How long have you been brewing at home?
6. What style(s) of beer do you plan to enter?
7. What are the ABVs and IBUs?
8. A brief description of the beer(s) you plan to enter.Cost:
Free to enter competitionhttp://www.dockstreetbeer.com/Events.html