In a 1000 square meter building (le Foyer Communal) located in the very center of Gembloux, Festibière aims at showcasing the beers of about 30 craft breweries.
Brewers will be gathered in the main room, a "beer pairing" food corner as well as soft drinks bar will be set up and run by the Slow Beer Club. Music and happenings will punctuate the week-end.
Event is scheduled on Saturday October 26th from 11:00 till 20:00 and on Sunday 27th from 10:00 till 19:00. A flea market will also be organized prior to main door opening on the Sunday morning.
2. BEER PAIRING
We also want to make Festibière a gourmet event.
Idea is to enlighten and surprise visitors with unique food and beer matchings in our "Beer Pairing" corner.
3. GENERAL PUBLIC ADMITTANCE
Access to Festibière will be absolutely free. Each visitor gets a detailed program of the event with breweries and beers list.
As a tasting club, we strive for responsible drinking. We also want people to have the opportunity to try as many beers as possible. For those reasons, we have chosen a very distinctive 17cl Slow Beer Club tasting glass. A 5€ refund will be applied for the use of this glass.
Always with the "broadest possible access" in mind, brewers will pour all their beers in the 17cl glass for the same fixed selling price of 1,50€.
A few confirmed breweries (as of 2013/09/22) :
- Brasserie de Bertinchamps (BE)
- Brasserie de Bastogne (BE)
- NovaBirra & Friends (BE)
- Caulier Development (BE)
- Brasserie de la Lienne (BE)
- Brasserie de Blaugies (BE)
- Brasserie de Fleurac (FR)
- Brasserie Grain d’Orge (BE)
- Brasserie de Marsinne (BE)
- Pico-brasserie La Natoise (BE)
- BELGOO (BE)
- Vliegende Paard Brouwers - Préaris (BE)
- Brasserie de Val Dieu (BE)
- Gueuzerie Tilquin (BE)
- Brasserie Dupont (BE)
- Bières du Monde sélectionnées par Beer City
- Brasserie des Légendes (BE)
- La Houppe (BE)
- Brasserie du Mont Salève (FR)
- Brasserie des Carrières (BE)