This month we’ll be releasing a whole host of barrel aged brews which makes October the perfect time to have Barrel Aged Beer Month here in the Tasting Room.
This Friday we’ll be having a proper Barrel Aged Beer Day to make sure we kick off this month of woody brews right in the spirit of #BABeerDay. Make sure to keep an eye on our social media to see what we have on the agenda for the rest of this month.
1. First Firkin Friday: This Friday we’ll be kicking off the barrel aged fun with a firkin of our infamous White Oak Sap. We’ve added some oolong tea to that brew this time around for what should be an experience not to be missed.
2. Cacaonut Release: This Friday we’ll also be releasing two beers on draft and in bottles. The first is Cacaonut -- a rare and secret blend of several different barrel aged beers that we’ve pulled from our cellar along with toasted coconut and cacao nibs from San Francisco’s TCHO. That brew is a treat and we’re happy to have it in our Tasting Room to try on draft and to send home with you in bottles.
3. Oude Tart Release: The second beer we’ll be releasing Friday is an old classic: Oude Tart. That Flemish-Style Red Ale aged in red wine barrels for 18 months is one of the more classic beer styles that we make, although it’s not a style that you can find too often in the United States. As our most awarded beer -- this brew won two gold medals at the World Beer Cup (2010 & 2012) in the Flanders Style Red Ale category and also a gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival in 2011 -- we’re always excited to have it back in bottles and on draft.
4. Smokey Gaze Porter: A couple months ago Google approached Patrick about judging an in-house home brew competition and this lightly smoked porter was the contest winner. As their prize, we brought in the winning brewers to brew a batch on our pilot system. The beer -- called Smokey Gaze Porter -- will be released on draft only this Saturday.
5. Food Trucks: As always, we have a full lineup of food truck for this weekend. Thursday night Baby’s Badass Burgers will be around, Friday The Lime Truck will be by and Saturday and Sunday we’ll be having a double header of A Bite Truck.
See you soon. Cheers!
No comments added yet
No attendees at this time
If You're Staying Local Booking here supports RateBeer! Have a safe and enjoyable time.