13 years and experienced a first

Reads 3603 • Replies 59 • Started Monday, September 19, 2016 10:37:25 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 11:06 Wed 9/21/2016

Originally posted by Travlr
this is supposed to be fun, after all!

NOW you tell me......

Travlr
beers 33886 º places 4582 º 11:09 Wed 9/21/2016

Originally posted by fly
this is supposed to be fun, after all!

NOW you tell me......

sorry, should’ve warned you, my bad!

bottleforager
beers 3211 º places 63 º 11:23 Wed 9/21/2016

I once had the owner of a local brewpub that Im friendly with contact me about one of my ratings and ask why I didn’t tell him in person that I was unhappy with the quality of one of his beers. I told him that I didn’t have that beer in his establishment but had a pour of it from a growler. He got so mad and told me that beer should NEVER be served in a growler and demanded me tell him who had the growler. I gladly told him it was poured from a growler his head brewer had brought to a party... sometimes "we" raters rock the boat and never knew we had left the dock.

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 12:09 Wed 9/21/2016

Verbal fisticuffs from brewers - scrapping it out in print.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 12:24 Wed 9/21/2016

I get one every once in awhile. Lately the play seems to be send a message from a "regular", unaffiliated account that has very suspiciously given several 5.0 scores to the brewery they are defending.

Marko
admin
beers 17703 º places 866 º 12:29 Wed 9/21/2016

Originally posted by bytemesis
I have twice been contacted about lowish scores, but both times it was more of a "thank you for your comments, please give us another chance" sort of thing. My goal is to eventually get one of these:

they complained about lack of education and then spelled IPAs wrong.

That’s completely normal. I don’t remember when someone tried to maliciously mock me for my spelling without fucking up him/herself in the process. My sig on a footie forum is basically a quote from such a person writing the Croatian equivalent of, say, "Look at you, you canot even spel proprely." courtesy of a moron whom I completely buried with arguments and who pathetically tried to deflect that. He and his pals were pretty butthurt about me keeping that in my sig later on - still there though.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 12:35 Wed 9/21/2016

Originally posted by brokensail
I get one every once in awhile. Lately the play seems to be send a message from a "regular", unaffiliated account that has very suspiciously given several 5.0 scores to the brewery they are defending.

An example from about six months ago:

The message:

Their "ratings":

My ratings (ignore the innocent Epic beer):

radagast83
beers 12431 º places 427 º 18:15 Sat 9/24/2016

Half expecting a response from the place rating I just did...

Travlr
beers 33886 º places 4582 º 18:58 Sat 9/24/2016

Originally posted by radagast83
Half expecting a response from the place rating I just did...

wow, it’s entertaining anyway. shocking too - I’ve been there three times now (always for beer) and every time has been a great experience. Come to think of it, the owner contacted me after my Wild Run place review to ask me to change "mobile home" to "motor home" (which I gladly did) and to point out that they DO indeed sell hot dogs for roasting on the bonfire.

poisoneddwarf
beers 5612 º places 26 º 21:36 Sat 9/24/2016

An example from about six months ago:

The message:

Their "ratings":

My ratings (ignore the innocent Epic beer):

Wow. That’s fucked up. Is it an employee of the brewery or just a friend of the brewer or owner, you think?