RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

15 Steps to Becoming a Douchebag at the GABF

read 2014 times • 22 replies • posted 10/5/2012 1:43:40 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

premium
admin
joet 2188:91
Not that funny. Actually kind of scary but... here ya go.

--

http://www.fermentedlychallenged.com/2012/10/15-steps-to-becoming-douchebag-at-gabf.html

Step One - Get really wasted before you get to the convention center. Youíre going to be drinking all night, better warm up for it. Just be cool when going through security and theyíll never know youíre liquored up.

Step Two - Donít bother eating anything before you go. Liquid nourishment is all you need and your stomach is going to be full of liquid anyway. Youíll need as much stomach space for beer as possible. You can always bum a pretzel off the nerds with the necklaces later.

More at the link....

Private message Send the author a private message

Walt 2449:189
Crap. I already do numbers 1 and 2 and I havenít even clicked the link!
10/5/2012 2:30:15 PM

Private message send the author a private message

TheWhiteWolf 3:
Step Eleven - When they announce Last Call, use that as a signal to drink as much beer as you can in the last few
remaining visits. Hit those tables with no lines and slam down as many as you can before they kick you out the door.

Yup
10/5/2012 2:42:25 PM

premium
Cletus 6354:233
The sad part is there are plenty of those at every beer festival. Not just GABF. I ran into someone (literally) who was so drunk he couldnít even formulate a sentence at NOTB. This was on the way in. What is the point of going to a beer festival if youíre going to get hammered before you even walk in the door?
10/5/2012 2:49:30 PM

TheWhiteWolf 3:
A lot of older folks I saw at Philly beer week this year were hung over and in no condition to drink but they were lined up for the early events. This one guy puked in Pinocchios during the FW event.
10/5/2012 2:52:46 PM

premium
Reid 1923:45
I sometimes fall in to #1..and not at beer festivals..before going out to a nice beer place.
I drink one but its so tasty i drink another.... then eventually its 4 and im buzzed and headed out the door
10/5/2012 2:56:02 PM

beerinmeear 1
step 16: state the obvious after a perfectly good joke: "Obviously, you should strive to be just the opposite. This list was only meant as an example of what NOT to do at the GABF."

10/5/2012 3:09:28 PM

kryptic
Originally posted by beerinmeear
step 16: state the obvious after a perfectly good joke: "Obviously, you should strive to be just the opposite. This list was only meant as an example of what NOT to do at the GABF."

This is America though. If they didnít put some sort of disclaimer on there, someone would inevitably try to blame them for their own stupidity and sue them.
10/5/2012 3:12:17 PM

premium
fly 1417:224
Nothing quite like having to do a quick side step to avoid the pool of vomit as you navigate the throngs....

10/5/2012 3:15:00 PM

KAggie97 3529:220
Originally posted by fly
Nothing quite like having to do a quick side step to avoid the pool of vomit as you navigate the thongs....

Same thing for me.
10/5/2012 3:21:39 PM

premium
Drake 8617:479
Glad Iím only 1/15th asshole. #11 for me as well.
10/5/2012 10:32:49 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers