23 Reasons Florida (Yes, Florida) Is Quite Possibly The Best State In America

Reads 6068 • Replies 84 • Started Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:32:56 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

MeadMe
beers 1711 º places 1 º 09:52 Fri 3/28/2014

Originally posted by keanex
What do you have like 3 in the whole state? So 95% of the state still doesn’t have them. AND you still have the backwards ass northern part of Florida.

I pass 4 WaWa’s on my commute to work. They are popping up everywhere in the Tampa area.

gkost
beers 1069 º places 32 º 12:54 Fri 3/28/2014

Originally posted by Drake
Wawa kicks Publix ass. Know that.

I prefer not to grocery shop at gas stations.

NEXT!

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1246 º 14:26 Fri 3/28/2014

Gkost, I agree. Wawa is a terrible place to grocery shop. Why would you even bring that up when we were discussing subs?

Publix founded Winter Haven, FL.
Wawa founded Chester Heighs, PA.

But we know from the fruited berliner discussion, Florida loves to claim other people’s innovations as their own, so...

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1246 º 14:30 Fri 3/28/2014

Let me be clear here, since I’m coming across as very negative.

I have zero problem with most Floridians, and people on RB I’ve met who have Florida connections have all been top notch people.

My problem lies with the state itself, climate, geology, etc., its politics and it’s over-whelming sense of self-righteousness.

I have been in Florida a few times and I have family who live there, so I’m not completely speaking out of ignorance.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 14:36 Fri 3/28/2014

I have zero problem with most Floridians, and people on RB I’ve met who have Florida connections have all been top notch people.

My problem lies with the state itself, climate, geology, etc., its politics and it’s over-whelming sense of self-righteousness.

I have been in Florida a few times and I have family who live there, so I’m not completely speaking out of ignorance.

That’s like saying you’re not racist because you have black friends.
Say what you want but no one retires and moves up north!

[/sarcasm]

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1246 º 14:55 Fri 3/28/2014

Ask me when I retire in 33+ years. Maybe I’ll suddenly like dripping hot weather.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 15:48 Fri 3/28/2014

I don’t think you understand.
We have WaWa in Florida. I drive past 3 on my way to work, and have one under construction within a 5 minute walk to my house.

Florida subs = Publix, or WaWa

This obviously makes Florida superior.

NEXT!

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 16:07 Fri 3/28/2014

Gkost, I agree. Wawa is a terrible place to grocery shop. Why would you even bring that up when we were discussing subs?

Publix founded Winter Haven, FL.
Wawa founded Chester Heighs, PA.

But we know from the fruited berliner discussion, Florida loves to claim other people’s innovations as their own, so...

Nobody said Publix invented subs, just that they’re tasty.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 16:07 Fri 3/28/2014

Pro for Florida:

No Drake here!

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1246 º 16:22 Fri 3/28/2014

Originally posted by drowland
Pro for Florida:

No Drake here!

This is where you’re wrong.

My father just moved to Florida, so there is some Drake DNA there.