RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

23 Reasons Florida (Yes, Florida) Is Quite Possibly The Best State In America

read 3351 times • 84 replies • posted 3/27/2014 4:32:56 PM

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

premium
pepsican 1444:46
Originally posted by hopscotch
More people should move wherever they vacation, regardless of where that is.

Like.
4/2/2014 10:16:55 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Private message send the author a private message

premium
hopscotch 9064:230
Originally posted by miketd

and yet yíall continue to vacation in Orlando, Miami,
Ft. Lauderdale, Naples, Fort Meyers, Sarasota, Panama City, Destin, Tampa/St. Pete, Pensacola and/or Jacksonville every year or so. Please donít stop. Pays my state income tax for me and I appreciate that.

No we donít. My wife wants to go to Disney and Iím putting it off until we can find two weeks off. I wanít to get it out of te way in one shot and never have to return.

Not a bad place, just not much for me there at this point.

And that no state income tax is somewhat negated by shitty wages.

Mike, for what itís worth, I visit Orlando as seldom as humanly possible. Iím just not into Disney stuff and donít like driving around in a city that has around 50,000 rental cars full of people who donít know where the heck theyíre going on its confusing roadways at any given moment. Still wanna visit SeaWorld to see what itís like 25 years after my last visit. Still wanna visit Animal Kingdom on a day that isnít 50į, windy and pouring rain. Otherwise, I only make the trek to Orlando to visit Epcot, Universal Studios and friends and family who fly down to visit Disney with their kids, but refuse to rent a car and drive the extra hour and a half south to visit my wife and I... and Iíve threatened to stop doing that.
4/2/2014 10:33:19 AM

Post a reply Post reply

miketd 125

and yet yíall continue to vacation in Orlando, Miami,
Ft. Lauderdale, Naples, Fort Meyers, Sarasota, Panama City, Destin, Tampa/St. Pete, Pensacola and/or Jacksonville every year or so. Please donít stop. Pays my state income tax for me and I appreciate that.

No we donít. My wife wants to go to Disney and Iím putting it off until we can find two weeks off. I wanít to get it out of te way in one shot and never have to return.

Not a bad place, just not much for me there at this point.

And that no state income tax is somewhat negated by shitty wages.

Mike, for what itís worth, I visit Orlando as seldom as humanly possible. Iím just not into Disney stuff and donít like driving around in a city that has around 50,000 rental cars full of people who donít know where the heck theyíre going on its confusing roadways at any given moment. Still wanna visit SeaWorld to see what itís like 25 years after my last visit. Still wanna visit Animal Kingdom on a day that isnít 50į, windy and pouring rain. Otherwise, I only make the trek to Orlando to visit Epcot, Universal Studios and friends and family who fly down to visit Disney with their kids, but refuse to rent a car and drive the extra hour and a half south to visit my wife and I... and Iíve threatened to stop doing that.

I was kinda referring to the whole state.

When we come down, Disney will be a day or two. After that, Weíll go a couple places on the west coast... beaches and Tampa mostly. We will then hit the Glades on the way to the Keys and spend a night in South Beach on the way back. Couple days with friends/family in Ft. Laud and Iím out never to return.

Only thing I really miss about Florida is spearfishing, lobster diving and Cuban food.
4/2/2014 11:30:47 AM

Post a reply Post reply

miketd 125
Originally posted by pepsican
More people should move wherever they vacation, regardless of where that is.

Like.

Agree with this. Pacific Northwest for me... somewhere rural.
4/2/2014 11:32:01 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
Ernesto987 3664:104
I lived in Jupiter fl for 17 years, been in Connecticut for 14 years. Prefer New England way more. I canít deal with fl heat and humdity. And the ugly landscape. And the old people. To each their own!
4/2/2014 2:12:23 PM

Post a reply Post reply

jingledell 1
Florida? But thatís Americaís wang.
4/2/2014 11:03:17 PM

Post a reply Post reply

jingledell 1
Originally posted by SamGamgee
Originally posted by BoostIPA
When I think Florida I think strip malls, trailer parks and 1 Walmart for every 50 people

Wait. I thought that was Iowa and Ohio.

Itís hot and humid everywhere in the summertime... and if youíre somewhere itís not, then your winters are horrendous and last nine months. Lived there. Done that

Never hits 100į here.

... and yet yíall continue to vacation in Orlando, Miami,

Not humid at all out here on the central CA coast during summer, but does get pleasantly hot much of the time. Winter also barely ever gets below freezing. I dig it.

I love southern California. Havenít been to central California other than just driving past on my way to SF. I would move to Carlsbad, CA if I didnít love south Floridaís tropical climate and warm water. That part of the Pacific Ocean is way too cold for me. I canít see myself putting on all kinds of insulating gear just to go body-boarding for an hour. Also, it gets a little too cold at night out there in the desert, especially in the winter. But thatís just me.

Doesnít make me right or you wrong. It just means we both live where weíre most happy. My wife and I prefer the tropics. This is where we used to vacation. We decided to move here instead of just visiting once per year.

My cousin and his wife live in Lake Tahoe. They love to ski, hike and mountain-bike. Itís right where they used to vacation and thatís exactly the reason they moved there. My wife and I like to visit them in the summer.

The four of us decided to sell our houses and move from nothern Virginia/eastern panhandle of West Virginia to our favorite vacation destinations in 2006. Different topographies and climates. Same goal.

More people should move to wherever it is they vacation, regardless of where that is.

Oh, and I actually LIKE humidity. What I HATE are nose-bleeds, cracked lips and getting the shit shocked out of me everytime I touch something metallic.
I like getting the shit shocked out of me whenever I touch something metallic. Itís the only way I ever shit.
4/2/2014 11:09:42 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
hopscotch 9064:230
Originally posted by jingledell
I like getting the shit shocked out of me whenever I touch something metallic. Itís the only way I ever shit.

Thatís some funny shit right there.
4/3/2014 2:29:21 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
drowland 5992:172
Never knew people could be so adamant about where to live. Who cares FFS
4/3/2014 2:39:29 PM

Post a reply Post reply

HOPSHUNTER 742:33
Couple days with friends/family in Ft. Laud and Iím out never to return.

I can hear the entire state of FL rejoicing!!!
4/4/2014 3:57:31 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Reply to Thread     
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ