RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

3 Fonteinen Oude Gueze

read 1398 times • 26 replies • posted 6/25/2013 5:25:40 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

premium
ReggieDunlap 3047:142
I got to taste a í99 bottle at our tasting last night. It was so damn good...i dont often get to try any gueze or lambic that has been cellared for that long so it was pretty cool. Also had a 2005 panil bariquee...also pretty good. But the í99 3 font stole the show for me. So in summation, i know a bunch of you regularly endulge in such nice cellared guezes and lambics so i think you should send me some.
Private message Send the author a private message

Balderbitch 1
I had a In de Pruim Kriek from 1940 the other week. Also, amazing!
6/25/2013 5:41:32 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
AdamJackson 2523:186
Thatís why I have a few cases of Gueuze from Tilquin, 3F and Cantillon just sitting in my basement. Had an í89 and í92 last year and do my best not to drink what I have so I can get some age on them.
6/25/2013 5:58:50 AM

premium
Originally posted by adamjackson
Thatís why I have a few cases of Gueuze from Tilquin, 3F and Cantillon just sitting in my basement. Had an í89 and í92 last year and do my best not to drink what I have so I can get some age on them.

BM me for my address.
6/25/2013 6:01:59 AM

premium
Hah. How can I try these in 15 years if I send them to people? Call me a hoarder but when I bring one of these out at a tasting in 15+ years, people are going to taste liquid gold and hopefully be inspired to do the same.

Just bought another case of Golden Blend last month since itís the only gueuze we have in vermont right now.3F and Tilquin havenít been around for a while.
6/25/2013 6:16:45 AM

premium
pushkinwow 1990:123
Its so hard to not drink them though...
6/25/2013 6:18:42 AM

premium
BenH 2239:6
How does the flavour of lambic change with age? Is it sharper or softer? more sour or less? Curious
6/25/2013 6:35:04 AM

premium
Hah. How can I try these in 15 years if I send them to people? Call me a hoarder but when I bring one of these out at a tasting in 15+ years, people are going to taste liquid gold and hopefully be inspired to do the same.

Just bought another case of Golden Blend last month since itís the only gueuze we have in vermont right now.3F and Tilquin havenít been around for a while.

In the Philly area, the few cases of 3 font or cantillon that make it go to bottle shops. Never had an opportunity to grab such a case (well not for many, many years anyway)
6/25/2013 6:36:29 AM

premium
Originally posted by watson1977

In the Philly area, the few cases of 3 font or cantillon that make it go to bottle shops. Never had an opportunity to grab such a case (well not for many, many years anyway)

That sucks. A lot of NYC and Boston beer geeks have become aware of our horde probably from idiots like me yapping off about our lambic supply. we still had 75s of í10 Tilquin and í09 3F Oude Gueuze this past summer í12. Golden blend is still around but Iíve been buying quite a bit of it...itís $20 a bottle here which is $10 cheaper than Bostonís price.

750s of gueuze run $16-$20 here from Tilquin, 3F and Cantillon.
6/25/2013 6:47:39 AM

premium
egajdzis 5295:46

That sucks. A lot of NYC and Boston beer geeks have become aware of our horde probably from idiots like me yapping off about our lambic supply. we still had 75s of í10 Tilquin and í09 3F Oude Gueuze this past summer í12. Golden blend is still around but Iíve been buying quite a bit of it...itís $20 a bottle here which is $10 cheaper than Bostonís price.

750s of gueuze run $16-$20 here from Tilquin, 3F and Cantillon.

This reminds me of something similar a friend posted on facebook yesterday:

So...Iím looking at a series of photos that people are posting at a place that will remain nameless: multiple bottle hoards of Pappy Van Winkle. And Iím thinking, wow, youíve got a lot of Pappy.

And then Iím thinking...YOU PEOPLE are the reason that NONE OF THE REST OF US are getting any Pappy! Jesus, why do people feel they have to own 10% of the total output of a product?
6/25/2013 6:52:17 AM

premium
Sadly, Iím not buying up all of the supply. a local store had 4 cases of golden blend left a few weeks ago at $20 per bottle. During weekends when Lawsonís and HFS do bottle releases, our Fantome, Lambic and saison stashes at stores (mostly shelton stuff) gets raided pretty heavily. Tax money goes to our economy so thatís good :)
6/25/2013 7:32:04 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers