RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

3 Fonteinen Oude Gueze

read 1389 times • 26 replies • posted 6/25/2013 5:25:40 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

premium
t0rin0 62:1305
Originally posted by jleblanc
Originally posted by t0rin0
Originally posted by BlackIPA
Once Hanssens is hoarded, game over.

I think the good news is that right now there arent enough people willing to (or able to) hoard that much lambic to worry about it spilling over to Hanssens, Girardin, or Tilquin. Yet.

Girardin is gone around here.

I think that has more to do with them not exporting much of it and less to do with hoarding, though admittedly I do have my fair share of black label bottles.
6/25/2013 1:13:56 PM

Private message send the author a private message

JAXSON 526:4
Originally posted by BenH
How does the flavour of lambic change with age? Is it sharper or softer? more sour or less? Curious

I think it depends on which lambic youíre talking about and I havenít had lomng-aged lambics from all the producers, but Iím sure some on here have. I find Cantillon Gueuze becomes more refined after a few years, then starts becoming really sharply sour, high citric acids after like 10+ years. 3 Fonteinen tends to develop more funk and a refined mineral, wet pavement note, though every blend is going to be different. I notice that most of the "Vintage" 3 Fonteinen blends, which are always going to be more aged at the time theyíre released, are more sour on average.
6/25/2013 2:09:05 PM

premium
drowland 5981:172
10-12 cases of Tilquin 375s at my store, and several cases of just about every Hanssenís flavor (375s). 10 cases of Boon Marriage Parfait 2008 (375s) and many cases of the normal Boons and Beersels... a few bottles of Girardin Black Label as well.

No Cantillon or 3Font, but Iím cool with all of the above.
6/25/2013 2:41:41 PM

premium
ReggieDunlap 3025:142
Originally posted by drowland
10-12 cases of Tilquin 375s at my store, and several cases of just about every Hanssenís flavor (375s). 10 cases of Boon Marriage Parfait 2008 (375s) and many cases of the normal Boons and Beersels... a few bottles of Girardin Black Label as well.

No Cantillon or 3Font, but Iím cool with all of the above.

i enjoy the marriage parfait.
6/25/2013 3:27:11 PM

arrogantb 1402:
Originally posted by t0rin0
Originally posted by BlackIPA
Once Hanssens is hoarded, game over.

I think the good news is that right now there arent enough people willing to (or able to) hoard that much lambic to worry about it spilling over to Hanssens, Girardin, or Tilquin. Yet.

Sup?
6/25/2013 7:26:48 PM

premium
drowland 5981:172
Originally posted by randomgarbage
Just waiting for someone to buy every bottle of golden blend offered then we are out of the 3 font.

how much you got left?
6/25/2013 7:33:34 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback