3 Fonteinen Oude Gueze

Reads 2350 • Replies 26 • Started Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:25:40 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 13:13 Tue 6/25/2013

Originally posted by jleblanc
Originally posted by t0rin0
Originally posted by BlackIPA
Once Hanssens is hoarded, game over.

I think the good news is that right now there arent enough people willing to (or able to) hoard that much lambic to worry about it spilling over to Hanssens, Girardin, or Tilquin. Yet.

Girardin is gone around here.

I think that has more to do with them not exporting much of it and less to do with hoarding, though admittedly I do have my fair share of black label bottles.

JAXSON
beers 612 º places 4 º 14:09 Tue 6/25/2013

Originally posted by BenH
How does the flavour of lambic change with age? Is it sharper or softer? more sour or less? Curious

I think it depends on which lambic you’re talking about and I haven’t had lomng-aged lambics from all the producers, but I’m sure some on here have. I find Cantillon Gueuze becomes more refined after a few years, then starts becoming really sharply sour, high citric acids after like 10+ years. 3 Fonteinen tends to develop more funk and a refined mineral, wet pavement note, though every blend is going to be different. I notice that most of the "Vintage" 3 Fonteinen blends, which are always going to be more aged at the time they’re released, are more sour on average.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 14:41 Tue 6/25/2013

10-12 cases of Tilquin 375s at my store, and several cases of just about every Hanssen’s flavor (375s). 10 cases of Boon Marriage Parfait 2008 (375s) and many cases of the normal Boons and Beersels... a few bottles of Girardin Black Label as well.

No Cantillon or 3Font, but I’m cool with all of the above.

reggiedunlop
beers 3729 º places 182 º 15:27 Tue 6/25/2013

Originally posted by drowland
10-12 cases of Tilquin 375s at my store, and several cases of just about every Hanssen’s flavor (375s). 10 cases of Boon Marriage Parfait 2008 (375s) and many cases of the normal Boons and Beersels... a few bottles of Girardin Black Label as well.

No Cantillon or 3Font, but I’m cool with all of the above.

i enjoy the marriage parfait.

arrogantb
beers 1402 º 19:26 Tue 6/25/2013

Originally posted by t0rin0
Originally posted by BlackIPA
Once Hanssens is hoarded, game over.

I think the good news is that right now there arent enough people willing to (or able to) hoard that much lambic to worry about it spilling over to Hanssens, Girardin, or Tilquin. Yet.

Sup?

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 19:33 Tue 6/25/2013

Originally posted by randomgarbage
Just waiting for someone to buy every bottle of golden blend offered then we are out of the 3 font.

how much you got left?