*4 a Day, another well known Brit

Reads 1584 • Replies 28 • Started Monday, December 1, 2014 12:22:02 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Boudicca
beers 1 º places 1429 º 16:17 Mon 12/1/2014

Cheers Ian! It’s always a pleasure to see you, even if it’s just your mugshot. Hope to catch up again in person before too long.

jmgreenuk
beers 19371 º places 959 º 14:10 Wed 12/10/2014

Hey Ian.... Didn’t you complain on that recent Saturday in Brum about your lack of appearances as the "star for a day" ? Big Brother was very clearly listening that afternoon in Cherry Reds :-)

madmitch76
beers 36915 º places 240 º 16:29 Wed 12/10/2014

The big H is always my star, genuinely love to drink and talk with this man. Cheers Ian.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 10:41 Sun 12/14/2014

Originally posted by jmgreenuk
Hey Ian.... Didn’t you complain on that recent Saturday in Brum about your lack of appearances as the "star for a day" ? Big Brother was very clearly listening that afternoon in Cherry Reds :-)

Yeah you’re right and then I go and completely miss it by being too busy with other stuff. Oh well. Like comedy......

Timing is everything.

Thanks everyone. I am just pleased to be part of such a great community both online and especially offline sharing some beers with like minded people.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 10:44 Sun 12/14/2014

Originally posted by wheresthepath
Hurray! Innis & Gunns all round to celebrate!

There was one i had not rated on the shelves of a store this week but I just couldn’t bring myself to buy it

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 11:03 Sun 12/14/2014

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by teorn88
Originally posted by MagicDave6
The man who has access to perhaps the least number of new beers yet still manages to keep up with the top raters in the world

^This

Cheers Ian!

Have either of you been to Kent?

It’s probably the best of the home counties for picking up ticks, lots of breweries, good micro pub scene, couple of good bottle shops.

Ian is just over 30 minutes on a fast train to central London.

Oh - and its a 15 minute drive to the Eurotunnel or central Brussels in 90 minutes on a direct train.

I’m sure he won’t mind me highlihting that he really isn’t that hard done by - you make it sound like he is stuck on the Isle of Man or something!!!

That aside - great to see you brightening up the forum page today Ian

Ashford is truly horrific for beer. A run of the mill Wetherspoon is all. Makes you travel. And I do like a train journey but you still have to make the effort and spend the money to get around.
However having access to the continent helps. 30 rates from Calais in bottle last week with another 30 left on the shelves.
Mind you I remember the days when 10 rates in a day was a good day in London. Now you do that in one pub
The UK is mostly a better place to rate than it was 10 years ago. Even N Ireland must be better even if it is by mail

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 16:36 Sun 12/14/2014

Originally posted by Leighton
Attaboy!

Tonight, I shall raise a large glass of session IPA in your honour.

go easy mate.

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 16:36 Sun 12/14/2014

I raise my glass; Ian!