RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

4 Tickets for Hill Farmstead Saison fest for sale

read 6062 times • 97 replies • posted 8/8/2012 4:07:39 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

premium
Cletus 6329:228
Originally posted by BBB63
Oh, I have no issues with the policies they are attempting to enforce, I just wished they would quit flip flopping around to make every one happy... you canít (perhaps they need to get a spin doctor PR firm to handle the social media)

Why? Let them enjoy their time in the spotlight. This stuff is nothing new. In the past, Stone, Alesmith, Three Floyds, Bells, Port Brewing/Lost Abbey, Struiss and Cigar City ended up in the spotlight a lot with similar online grumblings and that eventually simmered down when the next big thing caught on. Next year, everyone will be raving about some other brewery in the middle of nowhere that brews this stuff:

8/9/2012 11:04:54 AM

Private message send the author a private message

wavers1 872:40
Lmao. Great thread. So much entitlment on both sides.

First off, selling a non physical ticket through paypal is a really stupid idea, and hereís why:

Paypal is for payment of goods and services. Unless the tickets were paid for as personal gifts, the sender of the money can file a dispute for not recieving said goods or services. As the seller its on you to prove you did in fact deliver. If it was billed as goods, there is no phyisical good to prove you delivered. If it was a service you will have a hard time proving you provided a service for someone that wasnít there. A promise, not a promisary note which is physcal, is not really a service or a good.

In short, if everyone who canít go decided to file a dispute with paypal, they would likely win. And even if not it would create a big hassle for someone attatched to said paypal account. Just print tickets. It might have seemed like a good idea at the time, but not very well thought out.

Sell paper tickets. Or only sell at the door, thatís fool proof for scalping, as well as people feeling shafted. Too many people might show up??? Wow, considering the economy I donít hear many people bitching about having too much business. Look at things like dark lord day. Itís attendance grows every year. Itís not that hard to predict that there will be more and more people every year at the anniversary party. Thereís been some super oversold dark lord days and it never ruined their business or made dark lord day a less attended event. Get more food trucks than you need. If you donít.get the attendance and have to pay them out of pocket, so be it. Thing is I will literally post a picture of my foot in my mouth the day somewhere like HFS can say that only a fraction of the expected crowd showed up for an event amd it was a huge bust. Not gonna happen. People will drive through bad weather to the middle of nowhere for a beer, I donít think thereís much thatís gonna stop them.collectively.0

Now, since the tickets cannot by any means be transferred, or even used by the +3 others, well now there actually are going to be less people than planned. Lol! See how that works? Since the event wonít.be to capacity Iím sure itíll be an even better than planned event with more beer and intimacy for those that made it.

Now I really like Shauns beer, and whether I agree or not with how he does it he has the right to run his business how he wants. I make my living as a professional artist and consider Shaun the same. I personally am objective on the matter, and thereís no way around that some of the way he chooses to handle things is basically bad business in the art world. Such is the classic sign of an artist marketing themselves. The art world is full of bad business and always will be, with everyone thinking their way is the most righteous. As long as he isnít lying about abv or intentionally selling rotting beer I ultimatley have no problem with how he does business. As I said, it was.a stupid move liability wise to sell them like that through paypal, but live and learn, I donít hate him as a person for it.

Keep on making your beer through the pitfalls amd summits of art and life! Cheers!
8/9/2012 11:05:27 AM

premium
egajdzis 5194:46

just like no more growler sales which was posted on the facebook page and when call out about it, all of a sudden nothing else was said about the matter but we take care of our locals...

The no growler sales only pertained to Ephraim...
8/9/2012 11:05:47 AM

premium
FL_homer 1:1
Itís funny to me how people on these forums accuse breweries of purposefully creating hype by doing these things - IMO, most of the hype is created by the people on these forums rather than the breweries themselves.
8/9/2012 11:13:35 AM

wavers1 872:40
Also, as far as only getting your product into the íright handsí, never gonna happen. In beer or anything else. They have guys protecting rhinos with machine guns, state of the art security around art in museums, etc. Any of it can and does make it to the black market if people want it badly enough. There is no 100%. Sometimes fighting for that last 0.01 percent is past the point of diminishing returns(i.e. black albert). But regardless of how hard you fight that 0.01 will always be there.

For me personally it depends how you view it. Iím a glass artist and one of the highest compliments Iíve ever had paid to my work was someone breaking into a high end art gallery just to steal 1 of my pieces, nothing else. I realize this is different in a lot of ways, but you get the idea. Lol!

8/9/2012 11:24:00 AM

premium
BBB63 5741:132
Originally posted by egajdzis

just like no more growler sales which was posted on the facebook page and when call out about it, all of a sudden nothing else was said about the matter but we take care of our locals...

... then that is what should have been said in the first place. Oh, the facebook thread about going "like Lost Abbey" and limiting take away beer has magicially been removed from their page. Go figure.
8/9/2012 11:38:20 AM

premium
grassrootsvt

... then that is what should have been said in the first place. Oh, the facebook thread about going "like Lost Abbey" and limiting take away beer has magicially been removed from their page. Go figure.

This is *exactly* what was said. Only Ephraim would be removed from Growler sales. Verbatim. Limiting "take away beer" a la Lost Abbey was in reference to the extremely limited releases - such as Ann. We would never stop on site growler sales. These were the exact words.
8/9/2012 11:41:36 AM

premium
JulienHuxley 2514:181
Originally posted by Cletus
In the past, Stone, Alesmith, Three Floyds, Bells, Port Brewing/Lost Abbey, Struiss and Cigar City ended up in the spotlight a lot with similar online grumblings and that eventually simmered down when the next big thing caught on. Next year, everyone will be raving about some other brewery in the middle of nowhere that brews this stuff:

This. Iím not very old to this site yet I seem to recall pretty clearly Greg from Stone going at it with forum users. A lot of people love HF beer, and what people love, youíll find some people to hate.
8/9/2012 11:58:17 AM

premium
JulienHuxley 2514:181
Also, I liked the idea of non-transferable tickets. I didnít buy any tickets for the farmhouse ale festival but enjoyed seeing them up for sale for a couple of days and having the opportunity to buy them leisurly. Jumping at a computer screen in 0.1 milliseconds to get tickets is a f*cking drag. Having refundable tickets is good to make up for mistakes and life issues, but if they are transferable they will become currency like anything else that is more or less constantly in demand on this site. Cantillon for example, is almost a gold standard here and definitely better than money if you consider how much people are willing to pay for it to get it.

Youíll have guys buying and trading these tickets for whatever else they want. Maybe Iím a bad capitalist, but nothing gets to me more then middlemen because no one works for free, and they are essentially useless.

8/9/2012 12:05:57 PM

premium
BBB63 5741:132
Originally posted by grassrootsvt

This is *exactly* what was said. Only Ephraim would be removed from Growler sales. Verbatim. Limiting "take away beer" a la Lost Abbey was in reference to the extremely limited releases - such as Ann. We would never stop on site growler sales. These were the exact words.

Well since the thread in question has been deleted there is nothing to doubt the validity of what you just said... I remember things quite differently. You very well may have said that but only after being questioned about the initial statement(s).

Again, I support your policies choices, so please quit trying to make me out to be a liar. I wished more breweries were this pro-active and I do like that you would come here to defend yourself and your beers but I also think that maybe is not in your best overall PR interests.

In the end it is now a matter of he said he said.
Best of luck on your fest this weekend.
8/9/2012 12:14:29 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback