RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

8 Best Beer Towns in America

read 1671 times • 33 replies • posted 5/7/2013 7:54:59 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

premium
StefanSD 2138:45
Originally posted by hamilton23
CNN fails. They have San Diego as No. 3? Plus they credit the owner of Alpine, Pat, as being the owner of the Linkery. Nice fact checking.

Yeah I noticed that as well. Iíll send a copy to Pat as he may get a kick out of learning that CNN just bequeathed him the Linkery. It would appear they did only minimal research and no fact checking. There are well over 50+ breweries now in San Diego. Iím also a bit confused that they would list Duck Duck Goose and Alpine Ale as local standouts. DDG hasnt been seen on store shelves in quite some time and Alpine Ale is not one of Alpines best.
5/8/2013 8:09:35 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
phaleslu 6554:404
Another list! Woohoo!

San Francisco is not worthy of inclusion. Bend is a stretch. Portland and Asheville are no-brainers. Boston might also be a stretch. Denver works, if youíre including Fort Collins and/or Boulder/Longmont. Grand Rapids, Chicago, and St. Louis are worthy of inclusion.
5/8/2013 8:51:38 AM

premium
CanIHave4Beers 3307:74
Originally posted by sebletitje
Article was clearly written by a liberal.

Article was clearly written by a liberal.

5/8/2013 9:09:23 AM

premium
TURDFERGUSON 3954:153
have not read the list but i sincerely hope it does not include asheville, nc or really anywhere in the southeast. beer is definitely on an upswing in these states but still not worthy of any top 10 in my opinion after living here for 7+ drinking years and having done a fair amount of traveling domestically
5/8/2013 9:20:56 AM

Erlangernick 1:2
Originally posted by TURDFERGUSON
have not read the list but i sincerely hope it does not include asheville, nc or really anywhere in the southeast. beer is definitely on an upswing in these states but still not worthy of any top 10 in my opinion after living here for 7+ drinking years and having done a fair amount of traveling domestically

Bless you, laddie.
5/8/2013 10:17:02 AM

premium
TURDFERGUSON 3954:153
Originally posted by JoeMcPhee
Itís a better list than most lists Iíve seen - having said that, do we really need another list?

a list of the top 8 beer lists would be nice. get on it, joe.
5/8/2013 11:12:45 AM

DerWeg 1495:38
Originally posted by JoeMcPhee
Itís a better list than most lists Iíve seen - having said that, do we really need another list?

a list of the top 8 beer lists would be nice. get on it, joe.

And a list of things that should not be made lists of - also essential reading to make up our minds for us.
5/10/2013 8:18:00 PM

premium
j12601 6603:285
I do wonder why these are always made into lists as "The X Best ____ís in _____" instead of just "Hey, here are some things we thought were cool and thought you might like them as well. Why do they need to be "ranked". Canít they just be a compilation of cool shit?
5/10/2013 8:39:49 PM

premium
rxeight 1334:2
The answer is Chicago. Might not have the best stuff within the city limits, but the combo of getting most of the best stuff from the west and east, plus 3 floyds distribution, new glarus stuff an hour away and all the awesome stuff close by in Michigan I cant think of a better place. Well maybe San Diego. But screw Portland, never had a good beer from Oregon.
5/11/2013 5:30:53 AM

premium
OldGrowth 2673:172
Sorry

8. Asheville, North Carolina
5/11/2013 5:35:17 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Travel

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback