888 Lucky Beer - Quite the read...

Reads 819 • Replies 11 • Started Thursday, November 12, 2015 8:55:24 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Nickls
beers 2680 º places 3 º 08:55 Thu 11/12/2015

Travlr
beers 33878 º places 4582 º 09:12 Thu 11/12/2015

^^^ Interesting story. I know this guy, he’s a friend of a friend who did a Peace Corps stint in Haiti.

This would be an interesting beer to bring to a tasting - and are you coming to our next one on Saturday, by the way?

Nickls
beers 2680 º places 3 º 10:43 Thu 11/12/2015

Originally posted by Travlr
^^^ Interesting story. I know this guy, he’s a friend of a friend who did a Peace Corps stint in Haiti.

This would be an interesting beer to bring to a tasting - and are you coming to our next one on Saturday, by the way?

DC circles! I wish I could make the tasting, but sadly cannot. My wife is having a baby shower that day, and I am responsible for set up and breakdown. The whole past two years have been extremely tough for me to get out to tastings. It started with wedding planning, then went into house hunting/buying, then car, and now the baby on the way. Life has gotten in the way of beer. C’est la vie.

Travlr
beers 33878 º places 4582 º 11:12 Thu 11/12/2015

Originally posted by Nickls

DC circles! I wish I could make the tasting, but sadly cannot. My wife is having a baby shower that day, and I am responsible for set up and breakdown. The whole past two years have been extremely tough for me to get out to tastings. It started with wedding planning, then went into house hunting/buying, then car, and now the baby on the way. Life has gotten in the way of beer. C’est la vie.

sounds like we may never see you again! or maybe when baby turns 21....

nimbleprop
beers 15384 º places 134 º 12:55 Thu 11/12/2015

I know this guy, he’s a friend of a friend

Wait... seriously?

wedding planning, then went into house hunting/buying, then car, and now the baby on the way. Life has gotten in the way of beer.

Wait.......... SERIOUSLY?

solidfunk
beers 20022 º places 1037 º 13:04 Thu 11/12/2015

This is genius. If he plays this right, it will be a hipster trend bigger than the PBR renaissance

Travlr
beers 33878 º places 4582 º 13:28 Thu 11/12/2015

Originally posted by solidfunk
This is genius. If he plays this right, it will be a hipster trend bigger than the PBR renaissance

leaving more of the good beer for us.

Travlr
beers 33878 º places 4582 º 13:28 Thu 11/12/2015

Originally posted by nimbleprop

Wait... seriously?

Should I invite him to the tasting?

Nickls
beers 2680 º places 3 º 14:56 Thu 11/12/2015

Originally posted by nimbleprop

Wait... seriously?

wedding planning, then went into house hunting/buying, then car, and now the baby on the way. Life has gotten in the way of beer.

Wait.......... SERIOUSLY?

It’s been a whirlwind to say the least!

Nickls
beers 2680 º places 3 º 14:56 Thu 11/12/2015

I hope to catch a break or two during the 1st 6 months. Baby is due in February, so I will do my best to get out to a meetup or two before then!

Travlr
beers 33878 º places 4582 º 15:08 Thu 11/12/2015

I hope to catch a break or two during the 1st 6 months. Baby is due in February, so I will do my best to get out to a meetup or two before then!

definitely take advantage of the fact that you have a designated driver for the next 3 months.