RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > UK & Ireland | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

A Derby bimble

read 1040 times • 20 replies • posted 4/22/2013 9:36:55 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
harrisoni 13800:22
Sorry Simon, I am otherwise engaged to be on a bike going round the outskirts of Bamberg drinking lager. And as you know from my last time in Derby, I do like a lager (the one that had so much cardboard a homeless person could make a shelter out of it, stands out in particular)

I can however highly recommend a bimble in the company of Haddonsman. A "great beer lover" in all senses of all three words.
5/2/2013 12:41:47 PM

Private message send the author a private message

haddonsman 1234:56
Originally posted by Brigadier
Having never done of these things before do people usually bring bottles? Iím sure I can bring a number of things unlikely to have ever been opened in Derby before :)

Nah, itís a casual thing. There may be a bottle or two of something, ahem, *experimental* courtesy of one the brewers whoíll be with us but itís more about pints in the sun than rates in the book.

That said, the landlord/brewer of the last pub we visit will be with us on the bimble and is more than happy to take part in íresearchí.

So, yeah, bring way you got ;-)

Be good to see you. Youíve got to be introduced to Derby sometime, so itíll be a fun introduction!

5/11/2013 1:03:29 PM

The bimble will gather at the Alex and stay there til noon. Iíll be the Boris Johnson hair-a-like wearing a Hawaiian shirt. If you want to tag along later, let me know here (and give me a way of contacting you) and Iíll keep you posted on the bimbleís movements. Easiest way of knowing is to follow my tweets on @simonhjohnson.
5/11/2013 1:08:01 PM

If anyone brings a bottle, Iíll get it taken up to the last pub weíll be visiting & the landlord will cellar it for our arrival.

And we now have a pinata donkey. Class.
5/12/2013 11:51:06 AM

DJMonarch 9159:83
Looking at some of the Facebook pictures this looked a great day out! Public transport has got worse of late around here which made this difficult for me to attend but hope to get to one in the future if itís repeated.
5/22/2013 9:37:55 AM

Phil 178:28
Just so you know, Simon passed away yesterday.
5/22/2013 11:48:01 AM

Phil 178:28
Originally posted by haddonsman
If anyone brings a bottle, Iíll get it taken up to the last pub weíll be visiting & the landlord will cellar it for our arrival.

And we now have a pinata donkey. Class.

Iím gonna miss you.
5/22/2013 11:48:19 AM

premium
Beersiveknown 3020:71
Originally posted by Phil
Just so you know, Simon passed away yesterday.

Eh?
5/22/2013 11:50:37 AM

premium
Fin 7486:557
Whats happened? I am sat in a state of utter shock.
5/22/2013 12:01:32 PM

premium
leaparsons 8102:8
I only recently met him - he seemed like a wonderful man. This is very sad news...
5/22/2013 1:35:40 PM

Home > Forums > UK & Ireland

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers