AB just bought Elysian, thoughts?

Reads 25426 • Replies 395 • Started Friday, January 23, 2015 11:28:57 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 00:15 Sat 1/24/2015

I don’t live in backwards states like Florida.

obguthr
beers 11653 º places 22 º 00:15 Sat 1/24/2015

Originally posted by pepsican
Originally posted by obguthr
Originally posted by pepsican
Originally posted by obguthr
I’m not a huge fan of localism for localism’s sake. Local breweries can and often do make poor quality beer. So too do large corporations. My only point is that distributors whose main brand is corporate swill will never truly get behind quality craft beer. It’s a conflict of interest.

Unless when it’s not a conflict of interest, which is why 75% of the 2 pallets of beer our bud or miller/coors distributor brings in twice a week is craft. They understand diversity. They make better margins on the craft. We make better margins on the craft. They’re actively searching for big brands and small locals and medium regional to grow business. It’s truly a great world for beer right now. I don’t understand why people aren’t grasping that.

I agree it’s truly a great world for beer right now. I also can tell you that "actively searching for big brands and small locals and medium regionals" is what we told retailers to force the craft guys out.

Forcing craft guys out? How? By pushing them hard with area reps, people pouring craft at all venues, a craft beer salesmen to specifically break down to stores what’s available to those that don’t know? We are hit up by bud/miller/coors houses about craft wayyyy more than we are about macro product which sells itself. Every 4 months they bring in new brands like Lagunitas, Oskar Blues, New Belgium, and breweries of that caliber. It’s crazy.

Maybe it’s a regional thing and craft truly has won your battlefield. If so, congratulations, but don’t let your guard down. That is certainly not the case here in the south. Virginia is on the rise but still fighting against silly nonsense from the BMC mouth breathers. I can only imagine the shenanigans that are occurring further south.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 00:17 Sat 1/24/2015

It’s one thing to constantly make fun of Reid in OTL.. But when he actually asserts such dumb thoughts in public forums? Yes.. we’re actually going to let him know how ridiculous he is

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 00:18 Sat 1/24/2015

I’m going to bed.. keep fighting that fight, Reid

Reid
beers 3523 º places 95 º 00:19 Sat 1/24/2015

Originally posted by TheAlum
It’s one thing to constantly make fun of Reid in OTL.. But when he actually asserts such dumb thoughts in public forums? Yes.. we’re actually going to let him know how ridiculous he is

For standing up for local beer.
Yews this whole web site wss designed to belittrle local beer and press the cause of the corporations.
Didnt Joe say that at the start?

Reid
beers 3523 º places 95 º 00:20 Sat 1/24/2015

I’m going to bed.. keep fighting that fight, Reid

You cant beat me beacause i am right.
a puny human against the might of the corporate state

Reid
beers 3523 º places 95 º 00:22 Sat 1/24/2015

Dude grow up..i gave you the opportunity to clearly state were you stand.
You threw insults instead.
I can only assume you stand for Ab-Inbev.
Thanks

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 00:25 Sat 1/24/2015

Reid.. I clearly pointed out that it’s your opinion vs fact. That’s it. It’s not worth fighting someone like you. Too dumb and stubborn to matter. Plus no matter what you say.. it means nothing. Because it’s not accurate and nothing will come of what you think.

beastiefan2k
beers 5003 º places 292 º 00:29 Sat 1/24/2015

I can’t even tell what the argument is about anymore. However, the personal attacks are inappropriate.

Reid
beers 3523 º places 95 º 00:30 Sat 1/24/2015

Reid.. I clearly pointed out that it’s your opinion vs fact. That’s it. It’s not worth fighting someone like you. Too dumb and stubborn to matter. Plus no matter what you say.. it means nothing. Because it’s not accurate and nothing will come of what you think.

OK thats nice a 13 year member fighting for craft beer..im scum
Clearly i dont love beer. I am sorry for bothering you.
Still dont get your argument other than the PNW beer scense is stupid.