RateBeer

Adding New Beers... Protocol !

read 1296 times • 21 replies •

Thread Frozen
 
Lukaduke
premium
beers 2708 º places 62 º 16:14 Mon 5/21/2012

Ok so Im a newbie around here so forgive me if Im beating a dead horse but wanted to make a thread before adding new beers without inquiring about a few things.

So Ive had a couple new beers in the last couple days that are not listed on here... for example this Saturday I tried

Vicarus w/ Gueuze on draft @ Lionís Pride/ Brunswick ME

here is a link to V&D description:
http://belgianexperts.com/beers/dilewyns/vicaris-tripel-gueuze/

and just today I tried three new Maine brews but I know they were brewed just as kegs for Novare Res 4th birthday celebration... being one offs to draft is it even worth adding them?

Marshal Wharf/ 4-stroke (beglian quad)
Maine Beer Company / Party Trash (heavy hopped brown ale)

and then my last question is about a beer that I believe has "reappeared" in bottle based on description not direct knowledge from a brewer ! That beer being:

Allagash/Rising Tide/Maine Beer Co Backseat Loviní

which has recently appeared in bottle seemingly the same beer but now called "Prince Tuesday"

whats the protocol for linking these..

Sorry for the extended post just want trying to do the right thing before making rookie mistakes

 
TheBeerGod
beers 5592 º places 109 º 16:46 Mon 5/21/2012

Well, I would imagine that the Vicaris is the same as this:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/vicardin-tripel-gueuze/70602/

Though I would prefer one of the Belgian admins to confirm.

Regarding one-offs, if they were brewed for the public consumption(available for purchase by the public), then they are free to be put in.

Regarding the Allagash Prince Tuesday, Iíd say add it and it cna be aliased later by the admins. Be sure to include the pic and if possible, type up the description on the label into the description field for the beer (you will be able to do that when adding it).

 
Lukaduke
premium
beers 2708 º places 62 º 18:01 Mon 5/21/2012

Originally posted by TheBeerGod
Well, I would imagine that the Vicaris is the same as this:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/vicardin-tripel-gueuze/70602/

Though I would prefer one of the Belgian admins to confirm.

Regarding one-offs, if they were brewed for the public consumption(available for purchase by the public), then they are free to be put in.

Regarding the Allagash Prince Tuesday, Iíd say add it and it cna be aliased later by the admins. Be sure to include the pic and if possible, type up the description on the label into the description field for the beer (you will be able to do that when adding it).


Good call on the Vicardin... and thanks for the input, Ill work on the new additions next time I get a little time online.

 
bytemesis
premium
beers 4733 º places 566 º 21:43 Mon 5/21/2012

So is that the way to add a beer that you know is an alias - just add it as a "new" beer and wait for the admins to fix it? I was wondering about that as I have run across a few lately, including three Mammoth Brewing beers that are relabeled for sale inside Yosemite National Park. I have been reviewing them under their original name and noting in my review the alternate name.

 
douglas88
premium
beers 7327 º places 270 º 21:52 Mon 5/21/2012

Originally posted by bytemesis
So is that the way to add a beer that you know is an alias - just add it as a "new" beer and wait for the admins to fix it? I was wondering about that as I have run across a few lately, including three Mammoth Brewing beers that are relabeled for sale inside Yosemite National Park. I have been reviewing them under their original name and noting in my review the alternate name.


No donít add it if you know itís an alias. Send feedback please!

 
Drake
premium
beers 10687 º places 573 º 22:26 Mon 5/21/2012

Originally posted by douglas88
Originally posted by bytemesis
So is that the way to add a beer that you know is an alias - just add it as a "new" beer and wait for the admins to fix it? I was wondering about that as I have run across a few lately, including three Mammoth Brewing beers that are relabeled for sale inside Yosemite National Park. I have been reviewing them under their original name and noting in my review the alternate name.


No donít add it if you know itís an alias. Send feedback please!


This.

Otherwise it might fall through the cracks.

 
bytemesis
premium
beers 4733 º places 566 º 00:18 Sat 5/26/2012

what is the best way to send the feedback? I have tried emailing but have gotten no response for a month now...

 
yngwie
premium
beers 15566 º places 352 º 00:39 Sat 5/26/2012

Originally posted by bytemesis
what is the best way to send the feedback? I have tried emailing but have gotten no response for a month now...


Find the beer you want an alias for. Then click the "send corrections" link in the top of the page.
Thereís a similar link on the brewery pages, if thereís a correction to be done on the brewery info.

 
Drake
premium
beers 10687 º places 573 º 00:40 Sat 5/26/2012

Originally posted by bytemesis
what is the best way to send the feedback? I have tried emailing but have gotten no response for a month now...


There is a Feedback link at the bottom of every page.

If itís about a specific place or beer, it is helpful to hit the feedback link on that specific page.

You can send me a private message in this case, and I will take a look at it. In general though, Feedback is best we have many admins who check the feedback daily.

 
yngwie
premium
beers 15566 º places 352 º 00:42 Sat 5/26/2012

Originally posted by bytemesis
what is the best way to send the feedback? I have tried emailing but have gotten no response for a month now...


Thereís no bugs with your name on, but if you e-mailed it, I donít think itís added to our admin bugs list. Also, I think some bugs are just corrected without a feedback to the reporter. So your feedback might have been taken care of.

 
Marko
premium
beers 4320 º places 221 º 03:14 Sat 5/26/2012

The best way to send in an alias youíre 100% sure of is editing the beer and immediately sending in a bug report, or messaging someone you know is an admin.

Mainly because it means just a touch less work for us, and we have plenty to do :D.