RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Alabama Agents Confiscate Home Brewing Supplies At Gun Point

read 1559 times • 30 replies • posted 9/21/2012 9:20:04 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

tronraner 2459:109
By the way, this article lacks the exaggerations. Still obnoxious that AL still has that law on the books, though.
9/21/2012 5:57:04 PM

Private message send the author a private message

billk 353:59
The good, God fearing people of Alabama shall not be among those who are clearly going to hell.
9/21/2012 5:57:30 PM

crosamich 431:17
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Does anything of value actually come from Alabama?

Some might say...SEC?
On a separate note I have read other accounts that guns were not drawn. This isnít a crappy after school special. But if that is the truth then I agree that it may be enough to show how ridiculous the laws are and could push for some change.
9/21/2012 9:06:29 PM

premium
17thfloor 2430:18
I worked for a company that once got raided in the same manner.

Here is why we were raided, by the swat team, guns drawn, for a white collar crime:

The people hurt in the crime were close with the city and they were embarrassed, as was the city that this was going on under their noses, so they wanted to make a point, and a very strong one. The confiscating of contraband or evidence is not the issue because they can get that without the big show, but doing it with guns drawn in a big display is to send a broader message (although most of the time with the opposite effected outcome).

Yea, itís totally outrageous, but my thoughts are, law enforcement/municipal/state authorities donít share the same outlook on "oh well doing it is illegal, but providing the supplies to do that specific thing is okay because it doesnít specifically say I canít..." They see it as you trying to make them look stupid and they react in a stronger than normal fashion. Which in turn is viewed by us the general public as an overreaction.

Letís put it this way, in Chicago this is how it is done... daily... donít get the attention of the authorities if you are trying to be cute or theyíll find a way, around the law, to fuck you.
9/21/2012 9:45:56 PM

premium
TheBeerSommelier
Originally posted by crosamich
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Does anything of value actually come from Alabama?

Some might say...SEC?
On a separate note I have read other accounts that guns were not drawn. This isnít a crappy after school special. But if that is the truth then I agree that it may be enough to show how ridiculous the laws are and could push for some change.

The Beer St. Journal pieceís info came directly from the owner. All of us in Atlanta know him personally.
9/21/2012 10:06:15 PM

Kuemmelbrau
Oh, Alabama
Your Cadillac
Has a wheel in the ditch
And a wheel on the tracks
(still)

Got to love us southern red states- family values with a f-ing gun In your face, telling you what not to do while they line their pockets with the blood money. Stupid pricks
9/21/2012 10:18:55 PM

premium
Drake 8563:476
Comments about the laws surrounding homebrewing and other beer laws belong in beer talk.

Comments about national political campaigns belong in the Monkey, not here.

Thank you.
9/21/2012 10:37:39 PM

kryptic
Originally posted by Drake
Comments about the laws surrounding homebrewing and other beer laws belong in beer talk.

Comments about national political compaigns belong in the Monkey, not here.

Thank you.

9/21/2012 10:39:10 PM

premium
Ibrew2or3 6905:352
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZoTJzh13n8
9/21/2012 10:48:46 PM

premium
TheBeerSommelier
Originally posted by Drake

Comments about national political campaigns belong in the Monkey, not here.

Thank you.

Yeah, I deleted a few already.
9/22/2012 9:46:03 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ