Alvinne beers - gushing all the time. FFS

Reads 3655 • Replies 33 • Started Thursday, November 27, 2014 1:10:55 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

MarcDKAlvinne
06:41 Fri 11/28/2014

Thanks, it can take some time before all "new" beers are in the market. The choice for sour ales is well considered. We are historically in the middle of the mixed fermentation geography in Flanders, Belgium. Of course the Morpheus yeast has to do with that choice also, and we all love these beers, also important. All the best, bye.

77ships
beers 14200 º places 917 º 10:19 Fri 11/28/2014

Thanks for the communication.

Countbeer
beers 6586 º places 259 º 11:53 Fri 11/28/2014

just opened an Alvinne Mano Negra Chili Bourgougne unfortunately a gusher...

Edit: but it’s quite tasty!

BoBoChamp
beers 5752 º places 5 º 12:01 Fri 11/28/2014

Due to many complaints from clients we were obliged to stop distributing the beers.
Please let us know when the problem is solved, then we will be very happy to bring in your beers again (still missing that good old Podge IS...)

berntholer
beers 1619 º places 22 º 01:13 Sat 11/29/2014

Originally posted by MarcDKAlvinne
Sorry for all the trouble. We have found the source of the problem in the brewery since 8 weeks. Nothing to do with the Morpheus yeast.

I think it’s great that Alvinne is communicating here and that they’ve found the culprit of their problems. I wish them all the best and hope the new releases are all on par.

That said I still don’t understand how any commercial operation can go on distributing beers which have obvious flaws for years and years. I would imagine their internal quality control system picking up a problem quickly with swift action following? Unfortunately that QC-system failed here time upon time? That I find strange ...

Fux
beers 4 º 16:22 Mon 12/1/2014

I’m very skeptical about the tank explanation. Struise used to brew with the Morpheus also (Weltmertz for instance) and... you can’t even call these beers gushers. They should be sold only to people with a weapon carry permit!
Actually I still happen to buy some of their beers time to time because some of them are very good, but damn, this yeast...

77ships
beers 14200 º places 917 º 02:02 Tue 12/2/2014

Originally posted by Fux
I’m very skeptical about the tank explanation. Struise used to brew with the Morpheus also (Weltmertz for instance) and... you can’t even call these beers gushers. They should be sold only to people with a weapon carry permit!
Actually I still happen to buy some of their beers time to time because some of them are very good, but damn, this yeast...

It is my understanding that those bottles of Weltmerz were brewed at Alvinne.

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 02:07 Tue 12/2/2014

Originally posted by Fux

Struise also had some of the Black Damnation series brewed and bottled at Alvinne (the printed 75cl bottles), of which almost all were gushers as well. So I buy it...

Fux
beers 4 º 13:20 Sat 12/13/2014

Thanks for the explanations guys, I wasn’t aware at all that some Struise beers were brewed at Alvinne. So let’s just cross fingers then!

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 05:03 Tue 1/13/2015

Originally posted by MarcDKAlvinne
Thanks, it can take some time before all "new" beers are in the market. The choice for sour ales is well considered. We are historically in the middle of the mixed fermentation geography in Flanders, Belgium. Of course the Morpheus yeast has to do with that choice also, and we all love these beers, also important. All the best, bye.

Major respect for being honest about the suspected cause.