Am I a beer snob?

Reads 3589 • Replies 36 • Started Friday, June 15, 2012 6:15:36 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

b33r
beers 891 º places 12 º 15:30 Fri 6/15/2012

I think one becomes a snob, not by choosing to drink good beer, or only good beer, but by degrading or making fun of others because of what they drink.

A beer snob could be somebody who’s never had anything other than Bud, Miller Light, and Coors, but only drinks Coors cause that’s his beer and harasses anybody who drinks anything else.

A beer snob can also be somebody who’s tasted a thousand beers but complains at a cookout because the host only has Bud Light and not some rare import.

To me, it has more to do with your actions and demeanor than the quality of beer you drink

beergeek254
15:41 Fri 6/15/2012

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
I have to question any man’s beer snobbery status if he is willing to drink a can of smirnoff ice....

Agreed times 1000.

Quevillon
beers 3376 º places 394 º 16:45 Fri 6/15/2012

I hate being called that! They give us that name because we don’t drink Bud, Coors, Molson, etc...

So we tried some other the pale lagers and we liked it, does that make us snobs? People calling us "that" are real snobs, especially if they won’t try what we are drinking. I realy don’t give a shit if they only want to drink nothing big brand name beers, but it’s my money, my taste, I’ll buy and drink what ever the fuck I like!

FU snobs!

spacecoyote
06:00 Sat 6/16/2012

Originally posted by Quevillon
I hate being called that! They give us that name because we don’t drink Bud, Coors, Molson, etc...

So we tried some other the pale lagers and we liked it, does that make us snobs? People calling us "that" are real snobs, especially if they won’t try what we are drinking. I realy don’t give a shit if they only want to drink nothing big brand name beers, but it’s my money, my taste, I’ll buy and drink what ever the fuck I like!

FU snobs Smirnoff Ice!

Fixed.

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 06:26 Sat 6/16/2012

I know I am

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 07:17 Sat 6/16/2012

I drank a Bud light Lime last night and it was awesome

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 07:40 Sat 6/16/2012

Originally posted by GT2
I drank a Bud light Lime last night and it was awesome

Shared a six pack of that last night. Drank really good.

b33r
beers 891 º places 12 º 16:54 Sun 6/17/2012

Sometimes it’s nice to spend $5.89 and get a case of 12 Beers!

JLLSU
beers 238 º places 1 º 22:12 Sun 6/17/2012

Originally posted by b33r
Sometimes it’s nice to spend $5.89 and get a case of 12 Beers!

You’d have to go back to 1995 to do that.

notalush
beers 7119 º places 452 º 08:19 Mon 6/18/2012

A simple method to avoid snobbery: Like what you like. Don’t be a dick about it.

This applies to dealing with non-beer geeks and fellow beer geeks. I would rather sit around drinking Corona and chatting with good (non-beer geek) friends than listen to another beer geek gas on and on about the "glaring flaws" of beer "X" and how he can’t understand how so many people can like it so much. Of course, we’re all guilty of this from time to time, but as long as you are conscious of it and take steps to keep yourself in check, understanding that taste in anything is always subjective, then you’re good.