An American Brewery Makes the World’s Best Berliner Weiss and it may end up #1!

Reads 2662 • Replies 34 • Started Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:00:02 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

italarican
beers 1548 º places 115 º 07:35 Thu 8/2/2012

People like a beer more than another good beer that’s been around for a while... AND I CAN’T STAND IT!

Degarth
09:27 Thu 8/2/2012

Originally posted by Cletus
Cigar City has made a beer with passionfruit and dragonfruit that has 47 ratings that currently sits in the top 10 on this site. Hats off to them. This must by default mean that Americans make the world’s best Berliner Weiss!

As has been pointed out, Johnathan Wakefield gets sole credit for the recipe and brewing of this beer. He designed and brewed the whole thing, we just lent him a the umbrella of a Federal Brewer’s Notice and a hearty ’atta boy for making something we found to be damn tasty.

Anyway, anyone with half a brain knows CCB doesn’t put out anything good so that should have been the first tip off that we weren’t responsible for it.

HOPSHUNTER
beers 742 º places 33 º 09:27 Thu 8/2/2012

Originally posted by italarican
People like a beer more than another good beer that’s been around for a while... AND I CAN’T STAND IT!

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 09:28 Thu 8/2/2012

Originally posted by Degarth
Cigar City has made a beer with passionfruit and dragonfruit that has 47 ratings that currently sits in the top 10 on this site. Hats off to them. This must by default mean that Americans make the world’s best Berliner Weiss!

As has been pointed out, Johnathan Wakefield gets sole credit for the recipe and brewing of this beer. He designed and brewed the whole thing, we just lent him a the umbrella of a Federal Brewer’s Notice and a hearty ’atta boy for making something we found to be damn tasty.

Anyway, anyone with half a brain knows CCB doesn’t put out anything good so that should have been the first tip off that we weren’t responsible for it.

But, it was brewed on your pilot system for the batch that was at Hunah Day yes?

theRunningBoar
09:30 Thu 8/2/2012

Is there already a name for Mr. Wakefields future brewery?

biggsbowler
beers 635 º places 22 º 09:37 Thu 8/2/2012

I so agree with this statement. After drinking my second bottle of BA Church on a Hill, this big ass barleywine at 13% abv would have been terrible if it weren’t for the help of Swamphead. CCB take note. Great job Swamphead!!!

By the way, I need more overrated CCB to hoard.

Cheers

ganache
beers 6773 º places 282 º 09:41 Thu 8/2/2012

I loves me a good America beer.

Degarth
11:33 Thu 8/2/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum

But, it was brewed on your pilot system for the batch that was at Hunah Day yes?

yes

Tired Hands makes a very nice Berliner weisse called Brothers. They do however call it an Amercaner weisse. I dont know about "best" but its fabulous IMHO.

biggsbowler
beers 635 º places 22 º 12:32 Thu 8/2/2012

Originally posted by watson1977
Tired Hands makes a very nice Berliner weisse called Brothers. They do however call it an Amercaner weisse. I dont know about "best" but its fabulous IMHO.

If it isn’t rare, made with fruit, and brewed in Florida then its not worth my time or money.

And no one cares about your opinion? What kind of a site do you think Ratebeer is?