RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Android app translations: help needed

read 4765 times • 72 replies • posted 6/23/2012 1:19:40 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

premium
BeerViking 2684:75
Originally posted by erickok
Whoa, I’m not sure who translated some strings in Norwegian Bokmål (which makes you awesome!), but I learned from this that there are different Norwegian languages? Like, properly different, not like UK and US English?

There’s two main ones - Bokmål and Nynorsk - and yes, they are properly different. Bokmål is close to Danish, Nynorsk was reconstructed in the 19th century from old local dialects. Just to confuse things a bit more, some of the old local dialects also still survive...

Essentially though, Bokmål is the first language for nearly 90% of Norwegians, and for the rest it’s Nynorsk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokmål
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nynorsk
10/4/2012 12:56:52 PM

Private message send the author a private message

erickok 3790:174
Exactly, all the features were working but stuff changed on the site and the app didn’t yet move with it; for the beer mail it’s on the API site, for the cellar it’s on my site. I do the best I can to fix this as soon as possible.
10/4/2012 1:33:13 PM

premium
stawn
Originally posted by joet
aaah... am out and in today. will prioritize mail. what else is not working? really cellar?

Glad to hear the Beer Mail issue is being looked at! I also no longer receive text messages when I get a new BM. I’m guessing its related?
Keep up the good work!

Cheers!
10/11/2012 12:08:23 PM

Uh... you were receiving text messages when you got new beer mail? Or do you just mean that you received notifications?

Joe updated the API but there’s a bug in it so just a bit more patience is required for now.

On the other hand, I pushed an update that at least fixed the loading issue with user cellars and the top 50 list per style.

If you are interested you can still contribute by translating the app: http://2312.nl/rb/translate/ I’ll update the translations with the next app update.
10/11/2012 1:17:12 PM

premium
VsXsV 2442:44
Originally posted by erickok
Uh... you were receiving text messages when you got new beer mail? Or do you just mean that you received notifications?

Joe updated the API but there’s a bug in it so just a bit more patience is required for now.

On the other hand, I pushed an update that at least fixed the loading issue with user cellars and the top 50 list per style.

If you are interested you can still contribute by translating the app: http://2312.nl/rb/translate/ I’ll update the translations with the next app update.

Has somebody tampered with the Swedish translation? It’s just a bunch of weird links and gibberish right now. Maybe you should revert it to an earlier version and maybe put some password on the whole thing?
10/11/2012 2:14:31 PM

Hmm yes, it seems so. Stupid spammers. I’ve reverted it to the latest non-spammed version.
10/11/2012 3:28:18 PM

premium
Koelschtrinker 11038:3
Still problems wit the Mail API? "Could not retrieve your mail right now" is appearing by clicking on any mail
11/7/2012 8:05:37 AM

That’s right. Still no word from Joe on when this is going to be fixed on the server side. Sorry!
11/7/2012 8:16:40 AM

premium
kappldav123 5158:10
Yeah, same problem for me. Some new messages appear but if I want to read them it doesnt work. Also cellar and beerlists cannot be viewed :-(
11/7/2012 8:18:11 AM

premium
JMerritt 1838:72
Just a suggestion, but is it feasable to remove the mail functionality altogether from the app and release an update to the market until it is fixed on the server side? Methinks that may cut down in some poor reviews.
11/7/2012 8:26:18 AM

Home > Forums > Site News

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers