RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Anheuser-Busch Brewmasterís Small Batch series to debut

read 4444 times • 53 replies • posted 4/27/2012 7:08:01 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

premium
Fratto 2616:
Originally posted by pepsiedcan
Originally posted by billk
F*ck Anheuser Busch! Does anyone seriously think those corrupt, for profit, jerk offs would EVER produce anything above the plane of Red Hook, Pyramid, or Widmer?

A for profit business OMG

I know, right. Perish the thought.
5/23/2012 5:50:13 PM

Private message send the author a private message

sharpe1987 8:
F*ck Anheuser Busch! Does anyone seriously think those corrupt, for profit, jerk offs would EVER produce anything above the plane of Red Hook, Pyramid, or Widmer?

Thank you for bringing some sanity into this manís life
5/23/2012 7:59:55 PM

premium
BVery 6281:430
Originally posted by Savvy1982

As a serious answer, yes. I could see them making great beer.

Yep, every bit as good as the three I above mentioned.

Kraft is a VERY for profit business and EVERYFUCKINGTHING they offer is absolute shit for tasteless drones.

Goose Island?

You canít really be giving AB credit for Goose Islandís recipes, can you?
5/23/2012 8:04:59 PM

billk 353:58
Originally posted by BVery

Kraft is a VERY for profit business and EVERYFUCKINGTHING they offer is absolute shit for tasteless drones.

Goose Island?

Hey, itís for profit! That makes anything just A-OK.
We are a quality beer appreciation group, yet many laud that which is qualityís biggest threat.
5/23/2012 10:10:59 PM

premium
Fratto 2616:
Originally posted by BVery

Goose Island?

Hey, itís for profit! That makes anything just A-OK.
We are a quality beer appreciation group, yet many laud that which is qualityís biggest threat.

Youíve gotta tell me where I can find some of this non-profit commercial beer. I hear itís delicious.
5/24/2012 6:47:35 AM

premium
CanIHave4Beers 3264:74
Originally posted by Fratto
Youíve gotta tell me where I can find some of this non-profit commercial beer. I hear itís delicious.

I gotta think that there is at least a little of this going on in the nanobrewery sector. I mean thereís got to be rich homebrewers who are selling their beer at zero profit margin just so they can have a "fun job", thatís happening? maybe?
5/24/2012 6:55:15 AM

gunhaver 1030:13
pretty much all breweries are trying to make money. however there are some beers that are brewed knowing full well that it could cost the brewer money, or at least not make any sort of profit, but they do it anyway because a) they want to; b) itíll look cool to consumers that theyíre doing this bizarre beer; c) both. i think thatís a pretty big difference in craft breweries versus the big guys.
5/24/2012 7:22:20 AM

robrules 1

Might wanna get a step stool to help you get off that high horse because when you finally find out that your beloved craft brewers pull the same corrupt shit and are in it for profit as much as the big guys, you are in for a pretty big fall.
6/1/2012 7:29:23 AM

Gazza 726:163
Some brewers want to make loads of money, these are easily spotted as their beers are, generally, bland/tastless/industrial/"well balanced" or other such descriptors, whilst others want to make the best beer they can yet still make ends meet. Obviously there are brewers strung out at all points between these two extremes...

Putting quality ingredients into beer costs money which cuts margins, and this is something that separates craft brewers from those in it for the money - the craft brewer will go ahead and use those ingredients, whilst the "in it for the money" brewer will find something cheaper/use less of it to maintain their margins.
6/1/2012 8:00:58 AM

Hoser 367:162
People seem to forget the brewmasters at Stone and Ommengang are past Budweiser brewmasters. Also years ago I was a Michelob lunch at the GABF and they has some serious offerings from a test facility. One was an all Tomahawk IPA at 60 IBUs with a hop bud in the bottle.
6/1/2012 8:12:44 AM

Home > Forums > Industry

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers