Anheuser-Busch Brewmasterís Small Batch series to debut

Reads 4728 • Replies 53 • Started Friday, April 27, 2012 7:08:01 AM CT

Thread Frozen
 
jimmie65
beers 330 º places 29 º 04:04 Sat 6/16/2012

Iíve got no problem with a for-profit company; if a companyís going to last, it has to make money.

But ABís track record sucks. Their marketing department runs the show and knows nothing about beer or the craft beer market
Some glaring examples I can think of is:
1. Their ad campaign a few years back about using the best rice available to brew their beer.
2. Two days after being bought by InBev, their San Antonio bottling plant hung out a huge sign adverting "Best American Ale".
3. The swill released as Budweiser American Ale.

Can they make a good beer? Probably. Will they? I doubt it; theyíll make a slightly hopped budweiser and call it a small batch craft beer.

 
TheBeerSommelier
05:00 Sat 6/16/2012

Originally posted by DuffMan
Originally posted by Unclerudy
As much as you might not enjoy Bud light, it is a well made beer. The difference that many people here tend to forget is that not liking the taste of something is not the same as not having a well made product. The QC on Budlight is amazing. Having the ability to take natural ingredients from across the country, various water from different sources, and different brewers being able to make a product that relies on microbes to make, that tastes the same if you get it in Florida, Michigan, or California is nothing short of amazing. Bash them on how they get the product out to market, or how the industry works, but no one should ever bash AB about the quality of the product that they make. Just because you do not like it, doesnít mean that it is not well made. Quality versus enjoyment are different things.

Ha! ....just like McDonalds sells a "well-made" hamburger! They are both pieces of shit, mass-produced, brand-oriented, cheaply made products that appeal to the lowest common denominator on the flavour spectrum. There is NO skill involved here-- these are giant factories that defecate monotony into the mouths of the masses.


Actually, heís right on the money.

Not only are the macros well made, for style (they do have a place in the style guidelines, believe it or not), theyíre made consistently so - over and over and over. Not many craft brewers can say the same...itís one of the things to which most aspire.

Theyíre also made relatively flawlessly. Until oneís had a beer laden with diacetyl, dms, wild yeast infection (unintentional), butyric acid, etc., one has no clue what a truly bad beer is. And making such light beers makes said flaws all the more apparent when present.

Again, people often confuse preference with quality and thatís simply not fair. And we on the craft beer side of the aisle, take it even another step further, falling prey to the same phenomenon as the public we so deride - hype. But hype for all the negativity, nitpicking and bandwagon jumping.

Just because itís cool to berate some macros doesnít make the beefs for them being "bad," legitimate. Uninteresting, thin and lacking flavor, sure. But bad? Nope. Just boring.

 
drowland
beers 7773 º places 242 º 05:21 Sat 6/16/2012

So, itís going to be a wheat beer I hear?

 
JLLSU
beers 238 º places 1 º 07:59 Sat 6/16/2012

Originally posted by drowland
So, itís going to be a wheat beer I hear?


Yuck.

 
jmagnus87
beers 2912 º places 92 º 12:45 Sat 6/16/2012

Originally posted by drowland
So, itís going to be a wheat beer I hear?


http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2012/06/anheuser-busch-brewmasters-small-batch.html

"American Lager aged on oak bourbon casks with vanilla spice"

 
pintocb
beers 649 º places 22 º 13:05 Sat 6/16/2012

Originally posted by JLLSU
Originally posted by drowland
So, itís going to be a wheat beer I hear?


Yuck.



Why all the wheat beer hate? I think a well made German wheat is amazing. The bad American knock offs are mediocre, but Iíll still drink one at times.

Oh well.

And Mattís points (and those prior about AB quality) are true. The do exactly what they set out to do, over and over again.

 
ryan
beers 3186 º places 13 º 13:28 Sat 6/16/2012

Originally posted by pintocb


And Mattís points (and those prior about AB quality) are true. The do exactly what they set out to do, over and over again.


As does McDonalds, as does Taco Bell, as does KFC, as does Starbucks. Just because you can consistently make a shitty product, doesnít mean you have quality. The so good at being bad argument is dumb and cowardly.


 
drowland
beers 7773 º places 242 º 13:36 Mon 6/18/2012

Originally posted by jmagnus87
Originally posted by drowland
So, itís going to be a wheat beer I hear?


http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2012/06/anheuser-busch-brewmasters-small-batch.html

"American Lager aged on oak bourbon casks with vanilla spice"


Ah, I missed that one - had just happened to see this recently:

http://beerpulse.com/beer/anheuser-busch-brewmasters-small-batch-no-0540-wheat-ale/

 
Guyute_Pig
beers 102 º places 48 º 17:51 Mon 6/18/2012

Originally posted by billk
Sometimes I wonder why I soil myself here.
How about Catholicism? Look how many good causes they support yet they are one of the most evil f*cked up entities on earth.

FTW

 
Guyute_Pig
beers 102 º places 48 º 17:53 Mon 6/18/2012

Originally posted by TheBeerSommelier
Originally posted by DuffMan
Originally posted by Unclerudy
As much as you might not enjoy Bud light, it is a well made beer. The difference that many people here tend to forget is that not liking the taste of something is not the same as not having a well made product. The QC on Budlight is amazing. Having the ability to take natural ingredients from across the country, various water from different sources, and different brewers being able to make a product that relies on microbes to make, that tastes the same if you get it in Florida, Michigan, or California is nothing short of amazing. Bash them on how they get the product out to market, or how the industry works, but no one should ever bash AB about the quality of the product that they make. Just because you do not like it, doesnít mean that it is not well made. Quality versus enjoyment are different things.

Ha! ....just like McDonalds sells a "well-made" hamburger! They are both pieces of shit, mass-produced, brand-oriented, cheaply made products that appeal to the lowest common denominator on the flavour spectrum. There is NO skill involved here-- these are giant factories that defecate monotony into the mouths of the masses.


Actually, heís right on the money.

Not only are the macros well made, for style (they do have a place in the style guidelines, believe it or not), theyíre made consistently so - over and over and over. Not many craft brewers can say the same...itís one of the things to which most aspire.

Theyíre also made relatively flawlessly. Until oneís had a beer laden with diacetyl, dms, wild yeast infection (unintentional), butyric acid, etc., one has no clue what a truly bad beer is. And making such light beers makes said flaws all the more apparent when present.

Again, people often confuse preference with quality and thatís simply not fair. And we on the craft beer side of the aisle, take it even another step further, falling prey to the same phenomenon as the public we so deride - hype. But hype for all the negativity, nitpicking and bandwagon jumping.

Just because itís cool to berate some macros doesnít make the beefs for them being "bad," legitimate. Uninteresting, thin and lacking flavor, sure. But bad? Nope. Just boring.

Well said... Anyone who has actually brewed a beer can appreciate the consistency they produce, whether you enjoy the beverage or not is an entirely different matter.