RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Anheuser-Busch Finds A Better Use For Its Beer By-Products

read 659 times • 2 replies • posted 3/10/2012 3:57:25 AM

Thread Frozen

premium
EithCubes 4939:233

http://www.fastcoexist.com/1679426/anheuser-busch-finds-a-better-use-for-its-beer-by-products

Id heard rumblings before, but not that there was forward movement like this. Am I wrong to assume this is something only large-scale operations can take advantage of, or is there a way for the little guys to reap some benefit? Weve seen smaller breweries using solar and collecting rainwater.
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
ReggieDunlap 3083:142
Victory brewing used to give spent grains to a local farmer (they may still) and now they have solar panels on the roof and i believe they compost.
3/10/2012 4:58:58 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
rudolf 2341:104
Originally posted by EithCubes

http://www.fastcoexist.com/1679426/anheuser-busch-finds-a-better-use-for-its-beer-by-products

Id heard rumblings before, but not that there was forward movement like this. Am I wrong to assume this is something only large-scale operations can take advantage of, or is there a way for the little guys to reap some benefit? Weve seen smaller breweries using solar and collecting rainwater.

Sierra Nevada and New Belgium seem to lead the way in green-ness. I would imagine that this specific project could only be undertaken by breweries producing massive amounts of spent grains. Smaller places try too though - Well be giving our grains to a local urban farm for their chickens & vermiculture setup and using a solar hot water system.

-rudy
3/10/2012 6:24:51 AM

Private message send the author a private message

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add