Another best list

Reads 1078 • Replies 15 • Started Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:29:25 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 13:14 Wed 8/20/2014

Originally posted by Drjohnrock
Originally posted by GT2
Originally posted by Drjohnrock
A lot of fine breweries are on that list. As much as I like Flying Dog and Boulevard, I don’t know if I would rate them so highly. Also, disappointing Westbrook isn’t on the list. Still, not a bad list.

Evil Twin is on the list, they aren’t a brewery. So that is pretty much Westbrook.

I disagree. Westbrook contract brews Evil Twin stuff but they aren’t the only brewery to do so, and Westbrook has its own line of beers which are quite respectable.

I agree with you, but the four beers they mention, the three Femme Fatale beers and Imperial Biscotti Break, are all made by Westbrook.

Take a look at some rough data:

Westbrook has about 50/50 production brands between Westbrook label and Evil Twin. Indeed, the combined ratings of the most popular active 6 beers with the Westbrook label is 1,895. The combined ratings of the most popular active 6 beers from Westbrook but with the Evil Twin label are 1,995.

Therefore, if you are drinking a beer made a Westbrook, you’ve got about a 50% chance that is an Evil Twin brand.

On the Evil Twin side, they contract out to a dozen breweries, but only a few have significant amounts of currently available beers: Fano (50 active), Two Roads (14 active), and Westbrook (40 active). The rest have below 10.

The combined ratings of the 6 most popular active Evil Twin beers brewed at Fano is: 814
The combined ratings of the 6 most popular active Evil Twin beers brewed at Two Roads is: 2,738
The combined ratings of the 6 most popular active Evil Twin beers brewed at Westbrook is: 1995

So if you are drinking an Evil Twin beer, you’ve got about a 36% it is from Westbrook.

That is pretty generalized data, but just is meant to show that the two names overlap quite a bit.

Another way of looking at it, you can’t have both Westbrook and Evil Twin on that list as they overlap too much.

77ships
beers 14200 º places 917 º 14:03 Wed 8/20/2014

I don’t think that Fanø Bryghus brews beer for Evil Twin anymore.

Jamesthebrit
beers 422 º places 22 º 16:34 Wed 8/20/2014

Super arbitrary but aligned pretty well with my opinion... Michigan was way over represented.. and I’m cool with that.

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 17:47 Wed 8/20/2014

Originally posted by 77ships
I don’t think that Fanø Bryghus brews beer for Evil Twin anymore.

If that’s true, then we need to fix that brewery page.

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 19:01 Wed 8/20/2014

some good breweries there, but the top 15-20 is way off.