Anyone from the IE? Please add some places,

Reads 2536 • Replies 35 • Started Sunday, September 15, 2013 10:59:10 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 10:59 Sun 9/15/2013

if there are any worth adding. Just moved to Jurupa Valley and going through the place listings out this way most places are either closed (places that were added in 2005) or aren’t worth going to. Just found one that is on the wrong place on the map (supposed to be in NH). All but one place in Big Bear is closed now. There are two places listed in all of the high desert (just heard about this place, which I’ve been told has good beer). I’m not sure how many (if any) of the places in Palm Springs are even open any more.

Rancho and Redlands seem to have a few spots but other than there are just the brewery tasting rooms and Salted Pig.

Anyone out here in the 9bro9 that wants to offer up some advice?

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 15:30 Thu 11/14/2013

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 15:37 Thu 11/14/2013

Internet Explorer?

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 15:43 Thu 11/14/2013

Inland Empire. Basically Southern California east of LA county, south of the mountains (though I’m sure many would include the high desert as IE), and north of San Diego. Anyone that lives out here knows that term, so I didn’t feel the need to clarify.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 16:50 Thu 11/14/2013

Originally posted by joet
Internet Explorer?

IE v.9Bro9

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 17:10 Thu 11/14/2013

Thousand Palms is a Census-Designated-Area. The IE is San Bernardino & Riverside counties combined as one region.

The real question is what about Thousand Island? I scroll past.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 17:11 Thu 11/14/2013

Originally posted by ChinoSkillzian
Thousand Island

Gross

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 17:25 Thu 11/14/2013

Originally posted by ChinoSkillzian
Thousand Palms is a Census-Designated-Area.

So... is that different than unincorporated? And will that prevent the Google map from showing the location?

biggirlpanties
beers 204 º 18:47 Thu 11/14/2013

The high desert and Thousand Palms are definitely not part of the IE. Chino is right, it’s Riverside and SB counties. Also, no one calls it Jurupa Valley. It’s Riverside, they’ll probably have to go back to being unincorporated Riverside County again because Jurupa Valley is poor and can’t sustain itself.

There’s nothing wrong with your maps, there’s just shit to do here.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 19:36 Thu 11/14/2013

Originally posted by biggirlpanties
The high desert and Thousand Palms are definitely not part of the IE. Chino is right, it’s Riverside and SB counties. Also, no one calls it Jurupa Valley. It’s Riverside, they’ll probably have to go back to being unincorporated Riverside County again because Jurupa Valley is poor and can’t sustain itself.

There’s nothing wrong with your maps, there’s just shit to do here.

Well, Riverside and San Bernardino counties run to the AZ border, and the high desert is in San Bernardino county. So I’m not sure how what either of you are saying is any different than what I said.

As for the map, there clearly IS something wrong with it. Click the place I mentioned (Coachella Valley Brewing) and you’ll see that there is no link for nearby places. If you get to the map some other way and you move it to the place where that brewery should be you wont see it. It has something to do with Google not finding the location based on the info it’s getting from the site.

biggirlpanties
beers 204 º 19:50 Thu 11/14/2013

I meant cities, not counties. That’s my mistake. It’s the cities that are the IE, not the counties which, you’re right, are huge. It’s pretty much Riverside, San Bernadino and Ontario, but can extend farther.

That location might not be showing up because of what you said, bad info from the site. If you can find more things to do in this area I will pay you cash money.