April Shires Thread

Reads 2795 • Replies 34 • Started Saturday, March 26, 2016 1:40:14 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40412 º places 1239 º 03:23 Sun 3/27/2016

I am making a personal appearance in the shires of Devon and Cornwall in April. Not been to either for ten years therfore both new county rates for places on rate beer dot com.

leaparsons
beers 12356 º places 11 º 03:44 Sun 3/27/2016

New brew pub opens this weekend. West End Brewery in Leicester’s West End area.

downender
beers 11237 º places 531 º 04:54 Sun 3/27/2016

In Bristol again, what better way to finish the month than join the East Bristol Brewery Trail on 30 April and 1 May? Arbor, Dawkins, Good Chemistry, Left Handed Giant and Moor will be open to visitors and serving some excellent beers. They are all close together and a short walk from Temple Meads station.

http://www.bristolfoodconnections.com/fringe/east-bristol-brewery-trail/

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 06:13 Sun 3/27/2016

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
CAMRA AGM Weekend in Liverpool 1-3 April. Please don’t go to the actual AGM, that’s boring, but the better Liverpool cask ale pubs will be putting on extra beers for the influx of drinkers the AGM attracts.

<*))))))><

Excellent advice, did just that at my only AGM weekend, back in Sheffield a few years ago.

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 06:13 Sun 3/27/2016

What about Kentshire and Sussshire? I may be in Thanet the first half of the month.

Travlr
beers 33863 º places 4576 º 08:50 Sun 3/27/2016

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
I am making a personal appearance in the shires of Devon and Cornwall in April.

is this an actual event that draws crowds?

WingmanWillis
admin
beers 1562 º places 1908 º 18:06 Sun 3/27/2016

For a rater of over 15k beers the Shires folk will provide bunting, rose petals throwers and a golden rating throne in each venue this demi-god attends.....

Originally posted by Travlr
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
I am making a personal appearance in the shires of Devon and Cornwall in April.

is this an actual event that draws crowds?

wheresthepath
beers 3440 º places 278 º 18:15 Sun 3/27/2016

Originally posted by imdownthepub
I’ll be looking for something in Bristol from 20th to 23rd April. I’m hoping for a little festival somewhere, but I don’t think we will be able to make Gloucester.

Chippenham beerfest 22-23rd is a short train ride from Brizzle...

Hippoman
beers 645 º places 12 º 08:07 Mon 3/28/2016

Up the road from me in Tyneandwearshire is the Newcastle Beer and Cider Festival from the 6th to the 9th.

http://www.cannybevvy.co.uk/nclbcf/

April 21st at Bierrex in Newcastle is the Cullercoats Brewery Blended Beer and Food Evening. They’re doing some lambic style blending fresh and aged beer and hosting an event in its honour. I’ll try and get up if I can.

"The Fortified Series harks back to an old way of producing beer, which was popular in the 18th Century. A very strong beer (a stock ale, typically 6-8%) was brewed first and allowed to mature for several months and then used to blend with weaker, newly brewed beer. This creates a mid strength beer which benefits from the old ale flavours which can only be achieved in a high gravity, warm fermentation, AND the fresh hoppy aromas delivered by the newly brewed, weaker beer.

We have brewed a ‘stock ale’ ABV 7.3% which we have named Fortification, and over the coming months we will be blending this with different beers to produce a fortified version, for example Fortified Shuggy Boat Blonde, a new beast, bursting with flavour! If you’re lucky you’ll be able to taste the fortified beer alongside the regular beer AND Fortification itself – mummy, daddy, and baby beer, as it were!"

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 12:43 Tue 3/29/2016