Around Town - February-March 2012

Reads 10667 • Replies 163 • Started Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:36:23 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:58 Fri 3/16/2012

Their media woman took it the hardest.. and she is kinda what drives it. I think she brewed a few pilot batches.. and one of them was torn apart by a couple raters.. So her solution was for raters to only rate what they like.. and sweep the bad under the rug, so to speak

DROOO
08:11 Fri 3/16/2012

Originally posted by theburden
The HBI this year had the coffee extract aged in a bourbon bbl for a month. We then refilled the bourbon bbl with HBI after the mix. The bbl-aged version will be available next year.

fuckyeah. neat idea.

drewbeerme
beers 3921 º places 1 º 08:17 Fri 3/16/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
Their media woman took it the hardest.. and she is kinda what drives it. I think she brewed a few pilot batches.. and one of them was torn apart by a couple raters.. So her solution was for raters to only rate what they like.. and sweep the bad under the rug, so to speak

Isn’t it funny how people who make bad beer hate raters but people who make great beer don’t mind them at all?*

*this statement is not intended to characterize Greenbush beer.

17thfloor
beers 2444 º places 19 º 08:26 Fri 3/16/2012

Originally posted by drewbeerme

Isn’t it funny how people who make bad beer hate raters but people who make great beer don’t mind them at all?*

I don’t care about a bad rating, low score, or constructive criticism. It’s vulgar comments in ratings that tick me off. I’ve tried to scrub all my ratings of callous remarks I might have made in my early rating days...

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 08:30 Fri 3/16/2012

Ha, I’ll tell any brewer anything to their face. And, if she was talking about any of my ratings, I actually tend to be constructive in what I think the problem is a lot of the time. Somebody needs to grow some skin...

drewbeerme
beers 3921 º places 1 º 08:31 Fri 3/16/2012

Originally posted by 17thfloor

I don’t care about a bad rating, low score, or constructive criticism. It’s vulgar comments in ratings that tick me off. I’ve tried to scrub all my ratings of callous remarks I might have made in my early rating days...

+1. I’ve been meaning to do that myself.

Frank
beers 4561 º places 92 º 08:39 Fri 3/16/2012

Originally posted by 17thfloor

+1. I’ve been meaning to do that myself.

Me too. I only really dig into hideous macro-brews and some turnkey brewpub crap. Otherwise, I feel like we and brewers are all on the same side here.

Tooch4321
beers 11 º 08:54 Fri 3/16/2012

Clue #4: Lion’s Pride barrel, hmmm...

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 09:14 Fri 3/16/2012

Originally posted by Tooch4321

That’s a first for GI, so that’s cool. Those barrels are nice for putting beer in. We used one for a homebrew club thing recently, turned out nice.

Tooch4321
beers 11 º 09:16 Fri 3/16/2012

Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Originally posted by Tooch4321

That’s a first for GI, so that’s cool. Those barrels are nice for putting beer in. We used one for a homebrew club thing recently, turned out nice.

That’s good to hear because I have always wondered if anyone has used them and how the beers come out. I am not a huge fan of their whiskey, but that doesn’t mean the barrels can’t produce a tasty beer...