Around Town: Second Quarter 2013

Reads 8911 • Replies 119 • Started Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:03:00 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

crossovert
beers 17165 º places 150 º 05:44 Wed 6/12/2013

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/flossmoor-station-bourbon-barrel-aged-hi-fi-rye-wine--dark-matter-blend/169428/97827/ This beer was at Green Lady, some good drinking to be done there right now.

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 10:02 Fri 6/14/2013

Two new beers coming at Half Acre. C Change Kolsch, pretty traditional from the sounds of it. Cuda, which they’re calling a German Pale Ale (I entered it as an APA) made with Mosaic. I think it’s only a German Pale Ale because they used Kolsch yeast on it...

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:03 Fri 6/14/2013

DryHop beer database updated, place added and associated with brewery.

Few new beers from Goose Island hit the taps yesterday.

Think that Illinois and Lion are the same DIPA.. one was apparently on at Churchkey in DC? Abv matches.. hops don’t quite..

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:09 Fri 6/14/2013

Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Two new beers coming at Half Acre. C Change Kolsch, pretty traditional from the sounds of it. Cuda, which they’re calling a German Pale Ale (I entered it as an APA) made with Mosaic. I think it’s only a German Pale Ale because they used Kolsch yeast on it...

Didn’t they have a similar beer (APA with Kolsch yeast and American Hops) that we debated the style of for a long time last summer or maybe 2 summers ago?

Eventually settled on APA, right?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:12 Fri 6/14/2013

Originally posted by TheAlum

Didn’t they have a similar beer (APA with Kolsch yeast and American Hops) that we debated the style of for a long time last summer or maybe 2 summers ago?

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/half-acre-the-crusch/142038/

Apparently not..

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:20 Fri 6/14/2013

Anyone know today’s HA Cask??

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 10:40 Fri 6/14/2013

Apparently not..

I think Honkey or satan argued up and down for Kolsch. I feel like it was changed to APA then back for some stupid reason. Still isn’t a goddamn kolsch... I entered Cuda as an APA.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:46 Fri 6/14/2013

Apparently not..

I think Honkey or satan argued up and down for Kolsch. I feel like it was changed to APA then back for some stupid reason. Still isn’t a goddamn kolsch... I entered Cuda as an APA.

Ultimately, I last edited it. So I’ll take the blame. Changed it to APA.

I frequently find it’s best just to blame Honkey though.. he’s too busy lawyerin’ to notice.

drewbeerme
beers 3921 º places 1 º 10:58 Fri 6/14/2013

I heard Odell’s house yeast is a kolsch strain, so doesn’t that make every beer they make a kolsch?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:42 Thu 6/20/2013