RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Homebrew | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Article: Cannabis and homebrew

read 8502 times • 36 replies • posted 11/14/2012 9:39:13 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

premium
wavers1 877:41
I am also more worried about the flavor and aroma than the effects. The effects would vary depending on how much decarboxylation has taken place and how much of the D9 thc has been converted to D11 thc. I personally am mostly interested in the contributions that could be made in the taste and aroma of a brew. I still dont understand why dryhopping wont work. Hops have vegetal mass, what % of oils and acids are they overall? Has anyone ever tried to dryhop with legit 25%+thc prime nuggets???

And please do not make hop extracts with vector! That shit is dirty, its only 5X purified. Look into super critical co2 extraction, co2 is much cleaner and you can build or buy setups nowadays. They have one with a viewing window that is super awesome.
11/14/2012 4:36:49 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
wavers1 877:41
Also interesting to add is that places are now officially testing cannabis for not only several types of cannabinoids, but also for the terpines which impart the different flavors and aromas. Super cool stuff.
11/14/2012 4:44:00 PM

Mcc1654
Originally posted by wavers1
I am also more worried about the flavor and aroma than the effects. The effects would vary depending on how much decarboxylation has taken place and how much of the D9 thc has been converted to D11 thc. I personally am mostly interested in the contributions that could be made in the taste and aroma of a brew. I still dont understand why dryhopping wont work. Hops have vegetal mass, what % of oils and acids are they overall? Has anyone ever tried to dryhop with legit 25%+thc prime nuggets???

And please do not make hop extracts with vector! That shit is dirty, its only 5X purified. Look into super critical co2 extraction, co2 is much cleaner and you can build or buy setups nowadays. They have one with a viewing window that is super awesome.

Dry hopping does work. I’ve done it. See my above post. I don’t know the % of THC as I don’t live in a medical state but it was very good although definetely not 25%+. The only flavor I picked up was more vegetable than anything else. However this was a heavily hopped beer. I did notice it slightly in the aroma but again the large amount of hops that overwhelmed smell.
11/14/2012 5:41:26 PM

502Che 999:47
*****Joel, the word "Cannabis" is on the front page. Its bad for business, so I though I’d let you know so you could remove it.*****
11/14/2012 5:42:46 PM

Quasimodo 217:
^ Square ^

Teehee!
11/14/2012 6:22:48 PM

CityofBals
Originally posted by wavers1

The only thing in vector is pure butane. There maybe trace amounts of wax, but that is all that they filter out when they say "refined," just how much wax is left.
11/14/2012 7:37:23 PM

Erlangernick 1:2
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Originally posted by Unclerudy
That guy has a pretty sweet last name if it is real. It basically translates to "Yeast shit left over from making wine".

But the best way to encorporate weed into beer would be to make a tincture from the marijuana and add it at bottling.

Weintraub literally translates as wine grape...

Careful now...close enough, but still missing a letter: (die) Traube = grape. (Plural: Trauben)

(der) Trub is the noun for the sediment, without umlaut. Trüb with umlaut is the adjective form for murky, turbid, etc.

Sometimes a bottle of unfiltered Kellerbier or Hefeweizen will be labeled "mit hefetrub" (with yeast sludge) or sometimes "hefetrüb" (yeast-sludgey).
11/14/2012 11:31:51 PM

premium
FL_homer 1:1
I like to smoke a joint while I drink a beer.
11/15/2012 10:51:12 AM

robrules 1
^^^This is the best way to do it without wasting good $ and making your beer taste lousy.

But if you must - hot water baths, make a tincture, add it to your glass or bottle (prefereably of imperial stout).

12/3/2012 12:42:43 PM

TEJA 1294:51
There is a brewery in Wien, Austria called 7 stern Brau that make "Hanf Lager" hamp lager that they use the leaves from the bush and not the cones. Check out their home-page http://www.7stern.at/

12/21/2012 12:17:16 PM

Home > Forums > Homebrew

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add