RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > UK & Ireland | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Beer about town: London

read 12202 times • 228 replies • posted 4/25/2013 1:48:08 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

premium
Leighton 11322:624
Originally posted by chriso
The people who need to know ie. HMRC know what is in it and who made it.

Time to call up HMRC!
5/18/2013 3:35:43 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
jackl 4671:416
On a small east London crawl today. Kernel has the new Centennial Amarillo Nelson Sauvin available. Partizanís mild is now available for purchase at the brewery. Itís very tasty. They also have 3 versions if the Saison Grisette for sale, though Andy was quite coy about the differences between them. Apparently Partizan will be doing a meet the brewer at craft in a couple of weeks. The date isnít set in stone yet.

Dukeís has Bloody íEll available on draft. Itís OK.

The Fox has the new Alpha State Centennial on alongside a few new Arbors. Brick Lane Lager features in the fridges (new for me!).
5/18/2013 8:13:08 AM

premium
Originally posted by jackl
On a small east London crawl today. Kernel has the new Centennial Amarillo Nelson Sauvin available. Partizanís mild is now available for purchase at the brewery. Itís very tasty. They also have 3 versions if the Saison Grisette for sale, though Andy was quite coy about the differences between them. Apparently Partizan will be doing a meet the brewer at craft in a couple of weeks. The date isnít set in stone yet.

Dukeís has Bloody íEll available on draft. Itís OK.

The Fox has the new Alpha State Centennial on alongside a few new Arbors. Brick Lane Lager features in the fridges (new for me!).

Yeah, the Partizan Grisettes are a tricky issue. I spoke to Andy about them and they certainly seem to be different beers: thereís an orange & lemon one and then a pepper & ginger one. I havenít tried them yet but I would think the recipe differences would mandate different entries; however, since the only differences in labeling are the artwork (including label color) and ABV (not the beer name), itís not especially explicit whatís what. Damn these Bermondsey brewers and their unclear labeling practices!
5/18/2013 8:32:13 AM

premium
jackl 4671:416
On Tap at The Cock:

Cask:
- a bunch of bullshit ciders
- Dark Star Summer Meltdown
- Brodies Mild
- Brodies Bethnal Green Bitter
- Brodies Citra
- Howling Hops Ruby Red
- Howling Hops Chocolate Stout
- Howling Hops Pale Ale XX 5256
Hop Trial
- Howling Hops Mild Ale

Keg:
- Camden Unfiltered Hells
- Magic Rock Dark Arts
- Kernel Pale Ale Mosaic
- Brodies Hoxton Special IPA
- Kernel Table Beer
- Kernel IPA Double Citra
- Camden Hells
- Brodies Apricot Sour

Bottles:
A bunch of bottles. i see a new Howling Hops RIS (12.5%), Howling Hops Pale Ale No. 5, some Weird Beard stuff too.
5/18/2013 9:12:01 AM

premium
EdKing 1904:142
Ok, I guess thatís why Iíve got two Saison Grisettes with different colour bottle labels?
5/18/2013 1:41:18 PM

premium
Originally posted by EdKing
Ok, I guess thatís why Iíve got two Saison Grisettes with different colour bottle labels?

Yessir. I think the purple-ish label has an orange or lemon in the illustration and thatís the citrus grisette. I think the grey one is pepper and ginger.
5/18/2013 2:17:51 PM

premium
madmitch76 15309:138
The Howling Hops RIS wonít be available for some time yet, Mario was saying itís got a way to go.
5/19/2013 2:59:30 AM

premium
Beersiveknown 3072:71
Originally posted by Leighton
Originally posted by EdKing

Yessir. I think the purple-ish label has an orange or lemon in the illustration and thatís the citrus grisette. I think the grey one is pepper and ginger.

donít think they can necessarily be split, lots of beers change recipe over time, but if name stays the same and ABV doesnít vary by more than 10% then its the same listing
5/19/2013 3:20:43 AM

premium
chriso 7396:383
Citrus vs Pepper & Ginger seems a pretty significant recipe difference to me. And weíre not talking about the never-ending evolutionary tweaks to a single beer but several beers released at the same time. So I think there is also a clear brewer intention that they are different beers. But, if we canít be sure that people will be able to know which one they have rated we are left with no choice in the matter.
5/19/2013 3:59:44 AM

FrumptyDumpty
I think part of it is a never-ending tweak. Andy is looking to get a flavor in his grisette and so he keeps trying stuff.
5/19/2013 4:20:40 AM

Home > Forums > UK & Ireland

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search
Add A Beer
Add A Brewer