RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > UK & Ireland | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Beer about town: London

read 11947 times • 228 replies • posted 4/25/2013 1:48:08 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

premium
chriso 7347:368
Originally posted by harrisoni
http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/collective-sao-gabriel/10831/

Several of these beers have been available for a few months around London now in Euston Tap, Sourced Market and others and I was wondering what people thought of them? I was a bit put off with the big clear labels and weird brewery name, but having tried the lagers, I’m pretty impressed.

What do others think?

Most of the ones I’ve had have been fine enough, if nothing exceptional. Strangely, the butcher’s shop just down the road from my house has started selling them (and no other beer), including the All Day IPA which only has a couple of ratings and is currently in the stash awaiting tasting.
5/8/2013 5:31:54 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Beersiveknown 2781:71
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
New Fullers seasonal doing the rounds - Brewers Bragg.

Just added it as a brown ale - would have added as an ESB having sampled it first but at just 3.9% opted for a brown.

saw it in the fishmarket in Bristol but didn’t get to it after the lure of single hop amarillo in Brewdog
5/9/2013 12:48:17 AM

premium
Waltham Forest Brustival - Saturday 25 May
http://www.perfectpint.co.uk/beer-festival/1101/Waltham-Forest-BRSTIVAL

Essentially a Brupond event by the look of it but also with beers from East London Brewery and Wild Card (which I’ve not tried yet). Plus the very intriguing-sounding Gosnell’s Meadery
http://www.gosnells.co.uk/home/

Shouldn’t be too difficult to combine this with a mosey round some of the other east London usual suspects if anyone’s interested.
5/9/2013 3:09:08 AM

premium
jackl 4379:383
The White Horse on Parsons Green is serving unfiltered Pilsner Urquell from the wood tonight from 1930.
5/9/2013 7:24:53 AM

premium
Theydon_Bois 7944:606
Originally posted by jackl
The White Horse on Parsons Green is serving unfiltered Pilsner Urquell from the wood tonight from 1930.

83 years old - wow
5/9/2013 7:49:15 AM

premium
jackl 4379:383

83 years old - wow

Vintage pilsner is the next frontier in craft brewing. You heard it here first!

As I couldn’t make it last night, I called the pub earlier to see if any would still be available today. They’re all out, unfortunately. But the manager did tell me that from late June they’ll be serving unfiltered Urquell as a permanent fixture at their bar. They’ll be the only bar in the world outside of the Czech Republic that does this. Pretty cool stuff. Say what you want about the Pony, but they do pull the odd rabbit out of the hat.
5/10/2013 5:28:04 AM

premium
Leighton 10540:574

83 years old - wow

In that case, I think ChrisO is well ahead of the curve!
5/10/2013 5:48:22 AM

premium
Funny you should say that Leighton. Was recently sorting out some of the stash and came across a box of pilsners & the like purchased in the Czech Republic and Germany during and after RBESG Pilsen, which I think was 2008. Should be nicely matured by now. I shall, of course, continue to cellar them in optimal conditions until the next tasting.
5/10/2013 6:34:14 AM

premium
EdKing 1796:135

83 years old - wow

As I couldn’t make it last night, I called the pub earlier to see if any would still be available today. They’re all out, unfortunately. But the manager did tell me that from late June they’ll be serving unfiltered Urquell as a permanent fixture at their bar. They’ll be the only bar in the world outside of the Czech Republic that does this. Pretty cool stuff. Say what you want about the Pony, but they do pull the odd rabbit out of the hat.

I’m very excited about this. Less so about Chris’s stash.
5/10/2013 8:27:27 AM

premium
Theydon_Bois 7944:606
Originally posted by EdKing

83 years old - wow

I’m very excited about this. Less so about Chris’s stash.

Chris’s stash is OK so long as you’ve had a good amount prior to ’investigating’ the stash!
5/10/2013 8:30:33 AM

Home > Forums > UK & Ireland

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search
Add A Beer
Add A Brewer