RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Food and Beer | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Beer and peanut noodles

read 245 times • replies • posted 6/25/2013 8:26:39 AM

Thread Frozen

pinkie 426:10
Peanut noodles are a lot easier than you think and a good staple dish for the hot summer. The question is which IPA to pair with them? Today I tasted two beers to compare - weyerbacher last chance ipa and elysian the immortal ipa. While the elysian was technically superior ( it had better balance, and it had a breadier malt- it was also more restrained.) The weyerbacher had more "balls", more mettle. It came up right up to the edge and dared to be grand. So even though itís malt was not as full or as silky smooth, they each recieved similar marks from me. As for my dish; I will serve the Last Chance IPA. I take chances with my recipes and the weyerbacher took chances with my taste buds.

Hereís the recipe for peanut noodles :

Spicy Peanut Noodles.

1/4 cup oil (peanut preferable)

2 tbsp sesame oil

3 tbsp honey

2 tbsp soy sauce

1 tbsp rice vinegar

serrano pepper finely chopped I used 1/2 of one of the peppers I bought plus a pinch of cayenne but go ahead and dare to be spicy!

fresh grated ginger - and some creamy peanut butter or tahini to taste

While you are cooking 8 oz of pasta noodles - I used linguine because they will be marinated & I undercooked them . . . heat gently the above mixture then drain pasta and add the dressing-

I grated some lime zest and added some lime juice. Mix in some chopped scallions and some cilantro to taste.

Chill for several hours. Then before serving please add some crushed peanuts on top, and matchstick cucumbers and carrots. Serve with lime wedges. Very light, spicy and refreshing.

Private message Send the author a private message

Food, Beer Recipes

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search