Beer at Disney World

Reads 3055 • Replies 23 • Started Monday, August 4, 2014 7:45:46 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

pras
beers 602 º places 44 º 19:45 Mon 8/4/2014

There hasn’t been a thread here for a long while about beer at Disney World. Will be there in October. Wondering what are the best places on site (or close by) to drink/buy beer.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 19:57 Mon 8/4/2014

Stay in Maryland. Trust me bro.

I haven’t been to Magic Kingdom or Disney or whatever in ages, but Epcot usually has some decent stuff. I know they put their food and wine festival on around that time, so you might be able to catch it. But bring your wallet!

Other places "in the area" would be many: Red Light Red Light, Big River at Disney Boardwalk (probably the closest depending on where you’re staying). Cask and Larder is near by too. I’d recommend messaging Cgarvieuk, as he was just there from the UK and did the family vacation and beer tasting balance...or you could post in the Orlando regional forum too!

Watch out for Florida Man while you’re down here!

BMMillsy
beers 1788 º places 120 º 20:10 Mon 8/4/2014

There’s an Irish Pub Restaurant in Downtown Didney that has the best selection you’ll see. Terrapin and Bells are on the menu. Food is mostly good. Atmosphere is awful with loud music and dance shows literally nonstop. Can’t hear a thing. Don’t go there planning on having any conversations whatsoever.

Actually I’m with Homer here. Why the hell would you put yourself through traveling to Disney? Nearby have Busch Gardens, Hershey Park, and Kings Dominion within 2-3 hours drives from MD. And they blow Disney out of the water. $95 a person to get into Epcot and they don’t have any real rides and charge another $50 per person for food. They still have the awful 3D Michael Jackson sci if movie there for fucks sakes. Exceedingly awful place.

smith4498
beers 4285 º places 20 º 20:15 Mon 8/4/2014

I don’t know accurate this is but it’s a start.

http://beersandears.net/wdw-beer-list/

burg326
beers 5872 º 20:35 Mon 8/4/2014

There is no beer or alcohol in Disney World. However Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom have beers and alcohol. As a suggestion if you go to Epcot, do visit Japan’s gift shop some rare one off styles of sake preside there. If you go to Downtown Disney there is alcohol there as well. Also at Epcot at that time it is the food and wine festival which is a great time too.

SHIG
admin
beers 13063 º places 502 º 20:47 Mon 8/4/2014

I would recommend Big River at Disney Boardwalk, even though they are a chain style brewpub they have started putting one or two locally produced recipes on. Also from there I would head over to the Worlds part of Epcot and grab some country ticks, I always find one or two new ones so they must change out often. Also they have that new Sea Dog Brewing Co.(Shipyard Brewing Co.) location just off property next to I4, haven’t been there but its close.

You will need wheels or a ride to get to Red Light Red Light and Cask and Larder.

SHIG
admin
beers 13063 º places 502 º 20:50 Mon 8/4/2014

Originally posted by smith4498
I don’t know accurate this is but it’s a start.

http://beersandears.net/wdw-beer-list/

Wow I have never seen this, but it seems pretty useful and accurate from my trips to Disney.

bytemesis
beers 15304 º places 1595 º 02:40 Tue 8/5/2014

Originally posted by BMMillsy
There’s an Irish Pub Restaurant in Downtown Didney that has the best selection you’ll see. Terrapin and Bells are on the menu. Food is mostly good. Atmosphere is awful with loud music and dance shows literally nonstop. Can’t hear a thing. Don’t go there planning on having any conversations whatsoever.

Actually I’m with Homer here. Why the hell would you put yourself through traveling to Disney? Nearby have Busch Gardens, Hershey Park, and Kings Dominion within 2-3 hours drives from MD. And they blow Disney out of the water. $95 a person to get into Epcot and they don’t have any real rides and charge another $50 per person for food. They still have the awful 3D Michael Jackson sci if movie there for fucks sakes. Exceedingly awful place.

You are clearly not an eight year old girl. I have been to both, and i am sure i will again, until our kids are old enough to find it childish.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 04:27 Tue 8/5/2014

Went last year, managed to get drunk.
Think there’s some Africa tick in animal kingdom or something, but downtown Disney had the best beer selection for sure.

But yeah, zero beer in the magic kingdom. I suggest pre-gaming it before the gates open and drink bourbon from a flask throughout the day as needed.

liquidcrack
beers 45 º places 15 º 04:37 Tue 8/5/2014

"Oh, you’re going somewhere? Let me bash you now.." I’ll never understand that... The only park that doesn’t have a beer stand is Magic Kingdom. But to be honest, it probably shouldn’t. Dude, you are going during the Food and Wine Festival!!! TONS of beers and boozey drinks from around the world, and great food. There will be at least a dozen of good American Craft beers from IPAs to Stouts. Plus beers from all around the world. CAUTION!! It really does get rowdy from Thurs night thru the weekend. Friday early day may be ok, but would worry about the weekend for sure, especially with little ones. It does get packed, and there’s a lot of drinks flowing. If you’re staying at a Disney Resort, you’ll be using their transportation so I’d stick to their places, including Boardwalk and Downtown Disney. If you have time, go check out other resorts and grab drinks at the bar. The mixed drink bar at Hollywood Studios serves stiff drinks. Heard Founders has made it’s way to Disney also. There are stores close to Downtown Disney to buy beer if you want to just drink at your hotel. Grocery stores and the such, prob average stuff. www.allearsnet.com is good for Disney stuff too.

BMMillsy
beers 1788 º places 120 º 05:21 Tue 8/5/2014

Originally posted by liquidcrack
"Oh, you’re going somewhere? Let me bash you now.." I’ll never understand that... The only park that doesn’t have a beer stand is Magic Kingdom. But to be honest, it probably shouldn’t. Dude, you are going during the Food and Wine Festival!!! TONS of beers and boozey drinks from around the world, and great food. There will be at least a dozen of good American Craft beers from IPAs to Stouts. Plus beers from all around the world. CAUTION!! It really does get rowdy from Thurs night thru the weekend. Friday early day may be ok, but would worry about the weekend for sure, especially with little ones. It does get packed, and there’s a lot of drinks flowing. If you’re staying at a Disney Resort, you’ll be using their transportation so I’d stick to their places, including Boardwalk and Downtown Disney. If you have time, go check out other resorts and grab drinks at the bar. The mixed drink bar at Hollywood Studios serves stiff drinks. Heard Founders has made it’s way to Disney also. There are stores close to Downtown Disney to buy beer if you want to just drink at your hotel. Grocery stores and the such, prob average stuff. www.allearsnet.com is good for Disney stuff too.

Who bashes OP?