RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Trade | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Please only add substantive and/or positive replies. No unauthorized sales. More guidelines.

Beer Cellar Haves ~ That arenít for trade

read 1143 times • 32 replies • posted 4/3/2014 10:22:00 PM

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

premium
BMMillsy 1318:73
I use mine for my own fun of having a checklist of beers to visit. Mostly none for trade unless I have a quantity entered in. Whenever I have a beer for trade, I post in the trade forums that I have a beer for trade. Of course , I would not tell someone to "check my haves", since most of them arenít available anyway.
4/4/2014 6:27:09 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Private message send the author a private message

premium
HuskerTan 483:30
Originally posted by HighWine
Could be just to keep track of the beers you have in your cellar even if you never trade.

This is me. I do it just so I know what I have. I do agree that a "Not For Trade" tag would be good to add though.
4/4/2014 6:50:33 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
hawthorne00 2399:42
I used to use the feature to keep track of what I had that was not for drinking now. It _seemed_ a reasonable use of the function. When it became clear that it was not your beer cellar, but what you had for barter I just cleared it. But it might be clearer if the list was "for barter" rather than "haves".
4/4/2014 6:52:30 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
Clownoisseur 210:1
You can always add "Not For Trade" in the notes section when you add a beer to your cellar.
4/4/2014 7:00:33 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
BMart 4:4
Originally posted by Clownoisseur
You can always add "Not For Trade" in the notes section when you add a beer to your cellar.

This is what I do. I try to keep all my options as up to date as possible. There are always certain big wants that you might be willing to bend the rules for and let go of something you wouldnít normally trade.
4/4/2014 7:58:39 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Bvdubn 17:
Originally posted by BMart
Originally posted by Clownoisseur

This is what I do. I try to keep all my options as up to date as possible. There are always certain big wants that you might be willing to bend the rules for and let go of something you wouldnít normally trade.

I 100% agree. Sometimes I will trade away a bottle that I didnít want to trade if I am getting one of my top wants in return. It happened to me not that long ago when I traded an Apple Brandy Black Magick in a trade that involved Double Barrel Damon. I really wanted to try the AB BM but DBD was one of my top wants so I made the trade. Nothing in my cellar is untouchable for the right trade.
4/4/2014 8:10:54 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
Alen
Originally posted by DandyWolfFloyd
Could someone lend some clarity on why someone would list something in their Cellar Haves, they wouldnít trade. Why bother putting it on there? I would think the point for listing it is to garner a trade. For instance, anything I intend to hold on - I donít enter. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Itís a good way to know whatís in your cellar. Plus thereís a right price for anything, and Iíd bet anything that most of those NFTs will quickly become available for trade if the right offer is made.

What bugs me is when people start trading but have nothing listed in their wants/haves list. F-ing annoying.
4/4/2014 8:13:40 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
Clownoisseur 210:1
On another note, it is hard for me to list my "haves" sometimes, as they are constantly changing.

I just try to list a beer I have from the local breweries that I frequent...in my notes I state that I can access or have other beers on hand.

For me, I just find it easier to throw a list of beers that I have at the moment in my trade thread....along with a list of beers that I want at the moment.

Setting trade ratios is tough for me. I like to just have a genuine conversation of "you want this, I have this...sound good? Letís trade!"

Seems to be working out well for me. Although, I rarely, if ever, acquire multiples of one of my wants through trading. Happy to just get a bottle to try. I guess that might limit my cellar options for future trading material too...because if I have more than one of any given beer, I will trade it.
4/4/2014 8:23:54 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
Ataraxia 361:
Originally posted by phaleslu
Google Docs is the way to go for sharing with your tasting group. Iíve used this method for a few years now. That way, you donít have to worry about being misleading on here.

Iíve had a few possible trades go like this:

"ISO: X Beer, FT: Check my Haves"
So I check his Haves, and send a message:

Me: Hey, I have the beer youíre looking for. Hereís a list of things from your Haves that interests me.
Him: Yeah, none of that stuff is for trade. Only this, this, and this are for trade.
Me: Well, this was fun.

Those kind of ISO:FTs simply tell me I should ignore the lazy and unhelpful OP

Personally, I list everything I have to keep track of what and bottling dates (but not on this site as the system is... inadequately designed).

On the other hand, I donít throw my list out in ISO:FTs, messages, etc. precisely because little in it is for trade and I will list what I have for trade instead
4/4/2014 8:27:43 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Douberd 2168:56
I had my cellar list up to date for a secret Santa thing, to make sure I donít get anything I had,( and that reminds me I have to work on it again) then I found it quite useful to have them all there so I know what I exactly have. I could use maybe a google doc for that but itís just easier to look at your cellar and just click on the beer you want more info, instead of copying-pasting from a google doc to ratebeer.
4/4/2014 9:01:53 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Home > Forums > Beer Trade

Reply to Thread     
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer