Beer Cellar Haves ~ That aren’t for trade

Reads 3029 • Replies 32 • Started Thursday, April 3, 2014 10:22:00 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

budznsudz
beers 584 º places 9 º 10:51 Fri 4/4/2014

I think every beer in everyone’s cellar is ultimately for trade. In other words, everyone has a price. I guess the exception is something crazy rare like Don Q or Yellow Bus. I have Proprietor’s listed as NFT because the offer would have to be exceptional to let it go. I would certainly trade it for KBBS or MD but as a recent post of mine proved, it’s highly unlikely that I’ll get that offer. If someone has something listed as not for trade, scroll past.

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 10:56 Fri 4/4/2014

Originally posted by jtclockwork
Because you want to share it with someone/bring it to a tasting usually.

This...

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 12:44 Fri 4/4/2014

Weird, my list says "Haves" at the top. Does yours say "For trades" at the top? Not sure what the question is here.

ygtbsm94
beers 13 º places 1 º 12:51 Fri 4/4/2014

Originally posted by drowland
Weird, my list says "Haves" at the top. Does yours say "For trades" at the top? Not sure what the question is here.

Then what is the "Wants" list used for:-)

biggsbowler
beers 635 º places 22 º 14:41 Fri 4/4/2014

My tasting group uses Google Docs and it’s been great. We each have our own sheet, another for that week’s tasting, a tasting log, and a few other sheets for a special tasting or harder to get beers. We can access it from our computers or phones, it’s easy to use and organized how we like it.

As for putting NFT on a beer, it doesn’t work. I don’t know how many times I got messages about a NFT beer. So I stopped putting them on my have list. People either can’t read or don’t give a damn and think you might give it up, so they’ll try to get it from you.

Ernesto987
beers 6082 º places 104 º 15:51 Fri 4/4/2014

i find it a little annoying to add remove beers form the want list/for trade. Maybe I’m just lazy. Mine is always WAY outdated

biggsbowler
beers 635 º places 22 º 16:33 Fri 4/4/2014

Originally posted by Ernesto987
i find it a little annoying to add remove beers form the want list/for trade. Maybe I’m just lazy. Mine is always WAY outdated

That’s also why I like Google Docs, easy to add or remove beers

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 17:06 Fri 4/4/2014

There is no such thing as NFT. Everything has it’s price.

StefanSD
beers 2449 º places 57 º 17:56 Fri 4/4/2014

Originally posted by BoostIPA
There is no such thing as NFT. Everything has it’s price.

NFT = Not for Fair Trade.

MichiganderHB
places 3 º 09:06 Sat 4/5/2014

Originally posted by phaleslu
Google Docs is the way to go for sharing with your tasting group. I’ve used this method for a few years now. That way, you don’t have to worry about being misleading on here.

I’ve had a few possible trades go like this:

"ISO: X Beer, FT: Check my Haves"
So I check his Haves, and send a message:

Me: Hey, I have the beer you’re looking for. Here’s a list of things from your Haves that interests me.
Him: Yeah, none of that stuff is for trade. Only this, this, and this are for trade.
Me: Well, this was fun.

This exactly...

BA just recently added a For Trade list that is very helpful. Maybe that is something that can be added at some point. I do see both side of the argument, but it is annoying to message someone and just being told that everything is not available for trade.

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer