Beer Drinking Habits

Reads 2630 • Replies 44 • Started Wednesday, September 14, 2016 4:48:16 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Cybercat
beers 12762 º places 403 º 18:39 Sun 9/18/2016

Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
In our culture of tickers, beer enthusiasts, etc., I’m wondering when...

1) ... is the last time you consumed a sample/taster of beer?

Earlier this month, at Twain’s Billiards & Tap in Decatur, GA

2) ... is the last time you finished a "flight" (tray of samples) of beer?

Ditto

3) ... is the last time you had a full serving (at least 12 oz.+ of most beers; at least 5 oz. of a particularly strong beer) of any beer?

Today

4) ... is the last time you consumed MOST of a large format (bomber and up) bottle?

Today

5) ... is the last time you consumed MOST of a 4 to 6 pack of a single beer?

Been a while.

For any of these questions, it would be great to know the beer(s) involved, if possible.

jjsint
beers 7673 º places 1327 º 09:39 Mon 9/19/2016

1) Can’t remember, I almost never rate from samples. Maybe 2014.
2) Does a flight of 3x third pints count? That would be at the Dog, Burton. 3 Beavertown ’Invasion of the Lupuloids’ IPAs.
3) Right now as I’m writing this. Donut Island Ich bin ein Berner.
4) Shamefully I drank a large bottle of Orkney Dark Island Reserve about a week ago. Then danced to Dan Fogelberg in my underpants and cried.
5) Not a six pack per se but I won a 12-pack of Butcombe Bitter in a promotion, I think in 2013. Drank many of them on the same night.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 06:07 Thu 9/22/2016

1) ... is the last time you consumed a sample/taster of beer?

July. Samples are for pussies.

2) ... is the last time you finished a "flight" (tray of samples) of beer?

Also July. Finished a 6 beer flight in about 2 minutes.

3) ...is the last time you had a full serving (at least 12 oz.+ of most beers; at least 5 oz. of a particularly strong beer) of any beer?

i chug high boost (10%+) at least 3 nights a week

4) ... is the last time you consumed MOST of a large format (bomber and up) bottle?

last week I domed a 750 of speedway in well under a minute

5) ...is the last time you consumed MOST of a 4 to 6 pack of a single beer?

i bought a 4 pack of puff and framinghammer last weekend, killed them both

PhillyBeer2112
beers 3494 º places 102 º 07:49 Thu 9/22/2016

I do very few samplers/flights anymore. I did go to Red Cypress brewery about a month ago and had a flight. Other than that I tend to have larger samples. I don’t really go in for the large format bottles too much because I don’t want to drink that much that often.
Nowadays I’ve noticed that instead of rating small pours, I don’t like to rate a beer until I’m 3-4 beers into a six pack of it, spread out over 2-3 days. I’ll let the impression come slowly with deliberation instead of like the old days of pounding thimbles and rating them.