RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Beer glasses You use most often.

read 1733 times • 60 replies • posted 4/4/2014 8:43:01 AM

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

premium
Gary 1369:3
I tend to use a small band of glasses for rating.

The Duvel tulip is constant for strong Belgiumís

Delirium snifter for imperial stout. Or other Strong shit.

Cantillon tulip for lambics.

Lion tulip for pale ales/porter and obviously Iíve got pints and pils flutes

But Iíve got glasses I never use . And obviously only Orval can be drank in the orval goblet. Itís just a fucken rule and ethic to live by!!!

Reply to OP

Private message Send the author a private message

JMerritt 1792:72
A cheap brandy snifter and a cheap English pint glass are used for nearly everything I drink. The various other specialty glasses I own rarely see the outside of my cupboard.
4/4/2014 8:51:47 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Private message send the author a private message

premium
hawthorne00 2408:42
You can still see a wee fishy on the Orval glass, but itís pretty battered. I think 3 non Orvals have sullied it.

The Duvel glass is a "maybe the headís going to be huge" 330ml glass. The Unibrou tulip is for taking on holidays - that thing could be hit by a truck and survive.

All 500ml wheat beers go in in the Weienstephaner glass. It goes in the bottom rack of the dishwasher and still looks new. Small pours go into the La Chouffe tulip (likewise, remarkably unscarred).

A lot goes into Riedel or Villeroy & Boch glasses if itís unfamiliar.
4/4/2014 8:53:53 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
HuskerTan 486:33
I have the Libbey Craft Brew 6 piece set that works pretty well for me. It has a

-Pilsner
-English Pub
-Belgian Ale
-Craft Pub
-Porter/Stout
-Wheat

http://www.eapinnovations.com/product.asp?itemid=800&gclid=CIGFlueWx70CFdBcMgods0YAIA

Iíd say I use the Belgian Ale and Porter/Stout more than anything.
4/4/2014 8:54:26 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
I had a cheap brandy shifter when I joined the site... it could hold a whole 750ml in one go.. Sadly it broke
4/4/2014 8:54:44 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Douberd 2217:57
I have a small Duvel tulip that I use for almost everything, then a big snifter that I use with big bottles of stouts, barleywines etc, a smaller snifter for the smaller bottles. Then a Guinness pint glass for bitters, maybe golden ales too if I have a big bottle. I also have the Orval goblet but I never use it anymore, I have a couple of small trappist glasses for trappist beers and sometimes the quads.

I tend to drink every beer in its recommended glass, so there are days that I have 3-4 different glasses in the sink, makes it difficult to hide from the girlfriend how many I had the previous night. :)
4/4/2014 8:55:21 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
DCLawyer 1423:77
snifter, tulip, nonic, and Sam Adams perfect pint are the ones I use most often. Chimay chalice for Belgians.
4/4/2014 8:57:17 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
Jow 2086:146
I have a Brooklyn Brewery Snifter and tulips from Ithaca Excelsior and Captain Lawrence Smoke from The Oak those are my only 3 if I move states ever iíll have to replace them. Most beers i drink are served in whatever glassware the bar iím in has
4/4/2014 9:45:06 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
AdamJackson 2535:186
These - https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7094/13229218255_47b665bd2d_b.jpg

Theyíre cheap ($8), easy to get (I have 10 of them) and are very easy to wash since I can fit my large hands in them to clean. Teyíre not overly fragile, dishwasher safe and hold almost 500ML of beer so I can pour a whole bottle of HFS Everett in them.
4/4/2014 9:47:55 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
keanex 1431:52
I use my Dogfish Head stemmed glass, Tired Hands oversized wine glass, one of my various Duvel art glasses, Sam Adams Perfect Pint glass, or my Tired Hands pub straight glass. I have a bunch of other glasses sitting away like my St. Bernardus chalice. I should probably dust it off soon.
4/4/2014 9:50:17 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
Ironic having started this thread that Iím not using a glass and drinking Corona from the bottle as God intended
4/4/2014 9:50:33 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Reply to Thread     
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ