RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Beer Industry Question???

read 2950 times • 24 replies • posted 2/13/2013 1:09:54 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

erway 1004:41
There are some industries out there where a smart person can enter with the reality based hope of getting rich. The brewing industry is not one of them. If you love beer and want to surround yourself with others that feel the same, the brewing industry can be a great place. Smart, motivated people can make an honest living doing what they love and, if they play their cards right, and the stars align, a small fortune can be made. If not, youíve spent your career doing what you love and got paid to do it.

The wrong people getting into the craft brewing industry for the wrong reasons is the number one thing that worries me about the future of this industry.
4/4/2013 7:20:59 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
admin
Oakes 12514:649
I donít know if Iíve ever really seen a person in the beer industry who wasnít happy. Poor? A bit stressed sometimes? But nobody Iíve ever seen in this business complains about having to get up and go to work on Monday morning.

Erwayís right - there isnít much money but if you love beer youíll love the brewing business. Thereís just a lot of smiling people in the craft beer biz.
4/4/2013 4:10:12 PM

premium
BrewtopiaofPJ 37:4
In 8 years I have dealt with over 15 different "Reps" from the same brewery, itís entry level for the young hungry beer people and they move on quickly, just not sure to where, Iíve never seen them again.
5/12/2013 11:20:09 AM

Home > Forums > Industry

Page 1 | 2 | 3
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers