RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

beer mistakes

read 2480 times • 45 replies • posted 9/26/2012 12:08:13 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Unclerudy 12:3
Just walked out of the beer store with six bombers of the NB super IPA for $20. The girl told me they were mislabeled, and asked if i wanted more than the original three i picked up. Who else has gotten a great deal because of someones mistake?
Private message Send the author a private message

cbfobes 2293:26
In 2009 I walked out of a Hy-Vee with a six pack of Bourbon County Stout for $8.99 because they put it in their mix 6 section.
9/26/2012 12:12:25 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
CanIHave4Beers 3280:74
Originally posted by cbfobes
In 2009 I walked out of a Hy-Vee with a six pack of Bourbon County Stout for $8.99 because they put it in their mix 6 section.

I drank a considerable amount of Abbaye des Rocs Grand Cru, Abbaye des Rocs Triple Impériale, Expedition Stout, and Pere Jacques this way.... never Bourbon County though.
9/26/2012 12:36:45 PM

premium
pepsican 1445:46
Bourbon county in 2008 or 07, can’t remember. Rang up as pere jockastrapa which was on sale for $4.99. Grabbed two cases.
9/26/2012 12:52:33 PM

cbfobes 2293:26
Originally posted by CanIHave4Beers

I drank a considerable amount of Abbaye des Rocs Grand Cru, Abbaye des Rocs Triple Impériale, Expedition Stout, and Pere Jacques this way.... never Bourbon County though.

Yeah, as you know this was when it sat on the shelves and you could buy it year round. Man I miss those days.
9/26/2012 12:56:07 PM

premium
CanIHave4Beers 3280:74
Originally posted by CanIHave4Beers

Yeah, as you know this was when it sat on the shelves and you could buy it year round. Man I miss those days.

Someone has explained to me that Hy-Vee, being a big grocery store treats Beer/Liquor/Wine/whatever the way they do groceries.... well not exactly, but similarly. If something sits on the shelf too long, they get all concerned and slash the price. I think a few stores are getting more savvy about what’s more appropriate to keep around or not, but generally they keep similar policies about getting product out the door that’s not selling quickly, I’m guessing it was some manager that was all…. ”let’s put this Bourbon County crap on the mix and match, no one is buying it”. $6 750s of Cuvée René were another solid Hy-Vee steal.
9/26/2012 1:18:27 PM

JMerritt 1803:72
I’ve gotten 100% free beer at Hy-Vee several times. They have some policy where if something rings up incorrectly, you get it for free.
9/26/2012 1:23:25 PM

kryptic
This hy-vee place sounds fucking awesome. I wish we had one around here.
9/26/2012 1:26:38 PM

JMerritt 1803:72
That reminds me, I rolled the dice on several discounted $3 6-packs of Boulder Mojo IPA at Hy-Vee just last weekend that weren’t past their sell by date yet, but admittedly dusty. Still drinking good.
9/26/2012 2:24:29 PM

premium
fly 1417:224
place here changed things, but previously if a price was enetered incorrectly and shopper caught it, it was free - I got a few free sixers and half dozen bottles that were improperly marked before they stopped the policy.
9/26/2012 2:33:00 PM

502Che 999:47
damnit. I just got home with a bottle of this, and payed a lot more than you did per bottle. 3 for 20 sounds right on cue with what Whole Foods here is charging.
9/26/2012 3:25:16 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers