RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

beer mistakes

read 2487 times • 45 replies • posted 9/26/2012 12:08:13 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

premium
DYCSoccer17 3321:300
Originally posted by dankman
Only a total dirtbag knows they are paying less because of a mistake on behalf of an employee. I hope anyone here that is willing to screw over a business owner due to a mistake they find experiences the same in return.

Because alcohol has such a small profit margin...

The grocery store I go to has zombie kids working the checkouts and they are decreed to make stupid bullshit small talk and to ID 32 year old men like myself. When they get so distracted, they often will forget to ring up beers and whatnot I buy. I never catch the mistake until I am out in my car or on the way home.

I am NOT cool with people actively trying to deceive stores though, like how people will empty a 6er of DFH Raison díEtre and fill it up with 6 singles of WWS. Thatís a dick move that I cannot comprehend.
9/26/2012 6:55:14 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Drake 8617:478
Originally posted by DYCSoccer17
Originally posted by dankman
Only a total dirtbag knows they are paying less because of a mistake on behalf of an employee. I hope anyone here that is willing to screw over a business owner due to a mistake they find experiences the same in return.

Because alcohol has such a small profit margin...

The grocery store I go to has zombie kids working the checkouts and they are decreed to make stupid bullshit small talk and to ID 32 year old men like myself. When they get so distracted, they often will forget to ring up beers and whatnot I buy. I never catch the mistake until I am out in my car or on the way home.

I am NOT cool with people actively trying to deceive stores though, like how people will empty a 6er of DFH Raison díEtre and fill it up with 6 singles of WWS. Thatís a dick move that I cannot comprehend.

The margin is actually quite small, especially when it relates to general grocery margins.

I agree about active deception. In your example, thatís theft.
9/26/2012 7:07:49 PM

premium
Ibrew2or3 6926:352
I seem to get burned more than somehow ending up ahead due to a pricing mistake.

For instance I saw Alesmith Yulesmith on the shelf a few months ago. Its summertime and summer Yulesmith is out, sweet! I grabbed one.

The store had put out last yearís summer Yulesmith!

It was expensive and it was terrible.

They tricked me pretty good.
9/26/2012 7:17:51 PM

DerWeg 1495:38
2 bottles Mikkeller Frelser for 5.90
2 Orval for 3.80
11 Saison Dupont 250ml @ 1.60/pc
4 NÝgne RIS for 18.90
9/27/2012 12:12:14 AM

sarro 122:5
Originally posted by DYCSoccer17
The grocery store I go to has zombie kids working the checkouts and they are decreed to make stupid bullshit small talk and to ID 32 year old men like myself.

How dare they!!
9/27/2012 5:04:01 AM

Bilk 16:3
Originally posted by RamyG4
I bought and filled 2 growlers at a store a few months ago. The forgot to charge me for the growlers themselves (8.99 each), but I pointed out their mistake and paid for them. Oh well.
I respect your honesty. I hope the majority of people would do the same.
9/27/2012 6:57:08 AM

fletche00
Somebody labled a few Hoppin Frog BA Boris as "out of date" (1yr old) and were selling them at $11.99 a bottle. Needless to say, I cleaned that shelf up.
9/28/2012 6:14:26 AM

Unclerudy 12:3
Originally posted by fletche00
Somebody labled a few Hoppin Frog BA Boris as "out of date" (1yr old) and were selling them at $11.99 a bottle. Needless to say, I cleaned that shelf up.

What were they originally?
9/28/2012 6:26:22 AM

fletche00
Usually $17.99 to $19.99 at stores
9/28/2012 6:27:23 AM

premium
jercraigs 7894:314
When I was in Halifax for grad school the local liquor store put Rochefort 10 on sale for $2.89 a bottle down from $6 or so. Iím still bitter that I was too broke to buy more than a few.
9/28/2012 7:12:32 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers