RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

beer mistakes

read 2457 times • 45 replies • posted 9/26/2012 12:08:13 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
Originally posted by jercraigs
When I was in Halifax for grad school the local liquor store put Rochefort 10 on sale for $2.89 a bottle down from $6 or so. Iím still bitter that I was too broke to buy more than a few.

Thatís how I feel about the Cantillon Loerik that sat on the shelves for a couple of months back in 2005 or so here in Chicago. $15-$20 seemed like so much back then...
9/28/2012 8:07:53 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Brigadier 2880:257
Originally posted by fletche00
Somebody labled a few Hoppin Frog BA Boris as "out of date" (1yr old) and were selling them at $11.99 a bottle. Needless to say, I cleaned that shelf up.

Thereís a difference between "old beer" and active deception. Iíve gotten lucky a few times myself going to the grocery store when they had Mix 6s cheaper than the cost of the 6 pack itself. Of course once or twice Iíve also gotten burned so I figure it works out in the end. Just donít cheat the system and the beer karma will work out
9/28/2012 9:36:04 AM

premium
craftycarl21 2208:71
I went to a place local to my college a few years back and they had marked down bombers of Oak Aged Yeti to $2.29 a pop because it was several months old. Oteyj and I cleaned out the rest of their stock on that one.
9/28/2012 9:43:53 AM

premium
PorterPounder 5355:299
I was shopping today at a local boutique beer store that usually has something unusual. There was some new stuff on the shelf that had not been priced yet. One was Hoppin Frog Frogís Hollow Double Pumpkin Ale - it was sitting next to Hoppin Frog Hop Dam Triple IPA which was priced at $17 - I asked the girl at the counter how much it was and she said - "well, since the triple is $17, it must be about $12". I then pointed to a stubby bottle of Alvinne Undressed - she said "well, that is a lot smaller - thatís $4".
9/28/2012 7:04:21 PM

premium
BBB63 5960:135
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Originally posted by jercraigs
When I was in Halifax for grad school the local liquor store put Rochefort 10 on sale for $2.89 a bottle down from $6 or so. Iím still bitter that I was too broke to buy more than a few.

Thatís how I feel about the Cantillon Loerik that sat on the shelves for a couple of months back in 2005 or so here in Chicago. $15-$20 seemed like so much back then...

^^ yep ^^
9/28/2012 8:05:38 PM

LEMONHEAD 1
Originally posted by DYCSoccer17
Originally posted by dankman
Only a total dirtbag knows they are paying less because of a mistake on behalf of an employee. I hope anyone here that is willing to screw over a business owner due to a mistake they find experiences the same in return.

Because alcohol has such a small profit margin...

The grocery store I go to has zombie kids working the checkouts and they are decreed to make stupid bullshit small talk and to ID 32 year old men like myself. When they get so distracted, they often will forget to ring up beers and whatnot I buy. I never catch the mistake until I am out in my car or on the way home.

I am NOT cool with people actively trying to deceive stores though, like how people will empty a 6er of DFH Raison díEtre and fill it up with 6 singles of WWS. Thatís a dick move that I cannot comprehend.

I think youíve ventured into the area of theft at this point! "Deceiving" stores is an interesting way of saying it though. LOL.
9/28/2012 8:55:23 PM

premium
JK 4352:271
Boon Franboise at 5.99 for 750s. I bought all they had, this was at a high end liuor store , so I donít know if it was a mistake.
9/28/2012 9:00:15 PM

fletche00
Originally posted by Brigadier
Originally posted by fletche00
Somebody labled a few Hoppin Frog BA Boris as "out of date" (1yr old) and were selling them at $11.99 a bottle. Needless to say, I cleaned that shelf up.

Thereís a difference between "old beer" and active deception. Iíve gotten lucky a few times myself going to the grocery store when they had Mix 6s cheaper than the cost of the 6 pack itself. Of course once or twice Iíve also gotten burned so I figure it works out in the end. Just donít cheat the system and the beer karma will work out

I asked the guys behind the counter, he said the manager needed to get rid of them for the newer stock. Iíve seen a few w/ the make your own 6 pack. One Kroger put a bunch of Alpha King in there, so I got out w/ a 9.99 6er of Alpha. Its not like I "deceived" them to my own benefit. If they mark their prices like that, its safe to assume they did that for a reason.
9/29/2012 8:29:01 AM

RochefortChris 8:1
This isnít really a mistake but the supplier for the beer store I work at was looking to get rid of some excess beers and price them for $3.99. I donít remember everything but I know I got a 750ml Chimay tripel and some good stuff thatís hard to find from Rogue and Dogfish Head.
9/29/2012 10:06:07 AM

arrogantb 1402:
Originally posted by dankman
Only a total dirtbag knows they are paying less because of a mistake on behalf of an employee. I hope anyone here that is willing to screw over a business owner due to a mistake they find experiences the same in return.

Boo-hoo. I go to liquor stores to buy beer not to hold their hand or correct their business mistakes. I once got four 750ís of classic gueuze for $7.49 a piece because someone didnít price them appropriately. I went to the next store to see if they had any íllons and I got four bottles of Fou Foune for $25 because of another mistake. It was a glorious day.
9/29/2012 4:41:32 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers