RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > UK & Ireland | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Beer Mutiny, Hoxton

read 1504 times • 25 replies • posted 5/21/2013 2:03:06 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

premium
SarkyNorthener 2113:89
Originally posted by chriso
So Justy, will you be publishing a list of all the beers that will be available? And in good time to buy tickets if it seems worthwhile.

I think the beer list is key to this event. No one on RB is going to take the effort for a bottle GK IPA and Spitfire. If there isnít a definitive list yet, give us a clue?

5/25/2013 12:52:08 AM

Private message send the author a private message

CraftBeerJusty
SarkyNortherner - being a Notherner myself, Iíll let you off with that cheeky comment :) GK IPA? Absolutely not!

We will be publishing some of the beers that will be available within the next week, and I should be able to give some clues in the next couple of days.

tdtm82 - The perception of British beer is fairly poor amongst mainstream beer drinkers, unfortunately - weíve had first had experience of this. Yes, it was a sweeping statement - of course I know that loads of people think British beer is fantastic (including me and thatís the point of my business). And it was a little melodramatic too - which was absolutely intended, because a weak sentiment wouldnít really do in getting the message across. The fact remains, lots of people just donít have the experience or access to explore the breadths and depths of beers we brew in this country so thatís what weíre here for! :)

6/2/2013 5:40:31 PM

premium
BeerViking 2575:74
Originally posted by CraftBeerJusty
our club is really about exploration, we absolutely donít tell people what to drink or what to like. We encourage diversity and opinion. And it really makes me smile when I have a room full of people (of all levels) debating about the flavours and the merits of a particular beer. What I do want is for them to walk out of the room and consider trying a beer because itís British as opposed to sticking to their usual big brand name.

And to that end, we introduce guests to a whole range of beers - just not big multi-national brands.
A great approach!

@BeerViking shame youíll not be in town. Perhaps you could come to another one of our events. And what tastings do you do?

Mostly stuff at CAMRA festivals - assisting with guided tastings at GBBF and also running small sessions for íyoung membersí at my local festival. We get quite a few local people who come along basically because itís beer. Most are open to real ale already but probably those big brands, while others are not (yet) ale drinkers and are just there to be with friends.

Itís about getting them to think about what theyíre tasting, what it makes them think of, why they like (or dislike) it, and so on - oh, and giving them a perception of ale as a crafted product, like a cookery programme does for food. It so happens the beers are all British, but Iíve no objection to doing the same with other beers.
6/3/2013 2:39:45 AM

tdtm82 668:77
What does peopleís perception of British beer as ípoorí mean? Surely thatís a fluff statement.
6/3/2013 1:07:53 PM

CraftBeerJusty
BeerViking - thank you for your support! And I love your cooking programme analogy. Lots of luck with your work and I hope thatís weíll bump into each other at some point!
6/5/2013 3:26:00 AM

CraftBeerJusty
Originally posted by chriso
So Justy, will you be publishing a list of all the beers that will be available? And in good time to buy tickets if it seems worthwhile.

Hi Chriso - Iím still working on the beer list, but can confirm we will have these beers on during our craft beer festival, Beer Mutiny:
Diablo by Summerwine (IPA - 6%)
Urban IPA by Tiny Rebel (IPA 5.5%)
Liquid Mistress by Siren (Red IPA 6.5%)
Wreckless by Red Willow (American Pale Ale 4.8%)
Dark Lager by Calvors (Lager 4.5%)
Unforgiven by Tempest Brewing Co. (Scottish Style Ale 5.4%)
Hoppiness by Moor (IPA 6.5%)

I appreciate this selection is mainly IPAs, but as I am finalising the list and reserving beers I will be concentrating on different styles. Iíll announced more when I get the chance.

Cheers.

http://www.TheCraftBeerSocialClub.co.uk
6/12/2013 3:17:54 AM

premium
mR_fr0g 3396:3
7 whole beers! Wow
6/12/2013 11:36:07 PM

premium
Beersiveknown 3074:71
Originally posted by mR_fr0g
7 whole beers! Wow

according to the email i got earlier there will be 30 beers
6/13/2013 12:12:42 AM

hopbomber 103:32
Beer mutiny is the only beer festival that fights the establishment!
6/13/2013 12:52:35 AM

CraftBeerJusty
Originally posted by Beersiveknown
Originally posted by mR_fr0g
7 whole beers! Wow

according to the email i got earlier there will be 30 beers

Beersiveknown - Yes, that is correct, thank you. 30 beers available to taste each day. We are also not having a catch-all list for the week so that beers available on the Wednesday run out on the Saturday - the list will be refreshed for each day. This is a little bit more tricky and harder to publicise in advance.

I posted that sample list to give a flavour of some of the beers weíll have available.

6/16/2013 5:51:19 AM

Home > Forums > UK & Ireland

Page 1 | 2 | 3
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers