Beers you want to brew but haven’t

Reads 2665 • Replies 39 • Started Monday, December 16, 2013 4:26:20 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

HornyDevil
04:26 Mon 12/16/2013

Any beers out there that you’ve been thinking about brewing, and maybe even have a recipe written, but you just haven’t gotten around to making them happen? Maybe it’s the first time attempting the style. Maybe it’s a beer that seems like a good idea on paper, but you’re unsure of how it would translate into the real world. Maybe you haven’t had a lot of luck with the style in the past.

JulienHuxley
beers 6219 º places 450 º 04:37 Mon 12/16/2013

Actually, one beer I’ve never gotten around to brewing is an Imperial stout. Don’t know why, I’ve been wanting to brew one for a while just never when brewday comes along.

pellegjr
beers 396 º places 16 º 05:12 Mon 12/16/2013

I have a concept on paper for a take on refresco de avena, a (traditionally) non-alcoholic oat-based beverage with lime, cardamom, and piloncillo. Have been back burnering it in favor of other recipes for about 2 years now...

Zer0
beers 1227 º places 9 º 05:17 Mon 12/16/2013

Berliner Weisse, never dared to make a sour mash yet. Something about it frightens me for some reason.

italarican
beers 1548 º places 115 º 06:02 Mon 12/16/2013

Down the road once I feel comfortable making sours (doing first one now) I want to make one modeled after key lime pie. In my head it’s a sour blonde ale with key lime and toasted coconut.

robrules
places 1 º 06:59 Mon 12/16/2013

The thing that holds me back from experimenting or making new to me styles these days is having a job/wife/kids/house that keeps me busy - so when I can actually brew its going to be a 10 gal batch of something I know that works and I am going to enjoy - for me that means IPA’s.

But lately I’ve been thinking about a chocolatey tasting reddish/brown IPA/pale ale using pale malt, carapils, carafa II special, and some oats and/or wheat for a soft mouthfeel. I would a little piney pop from hops in the flavor, but not too much that will totally cover the dark malts.

Would love to make lagers, but wouldn’t attempt until I have a good temp control set up and patience to let it condition. Would also love to make a belgian dubbel in the likes of St Bernardus Prior 8, but wouldn’t want 10 gals. of it.

aenima
beers 334 º places 47 º 07:18 Mon 12/16/2013

Dark Super Saison, Imperial Rye Porter, Old Ale.

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 07:28 Mon 12/16/2013

Lambic as I’m planning to move out of where I live right now in less than 6 months. Also, I’d love to brew lagers (especially smoked one’s) but I really can’t fit a fridge into my apartment.

sharpe1987
beers 8 º 08:00 Mon 12/16/2013

Saison. Will probably wait until summer rolls around for warmer ambient temps.

ekstedt
beers 8338 º places 428 º 08:21 Mon 12/16/2013

I want to brew with the S:t Bernardus yeast, but I have no idea on how to get it (the yeast in the bottles is not the original yeast).

HornyDevil
15:39 Mon 12/16/2013

I’d really like to brew a good quad. My past attempts have been unsatisfactory. I think that I may have to use some dark candy syrup to get what I want in the finished beer.

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer