Belgian Brewers Making fun of Americans?

Reads 5770 • Replies 75 • Started Tuesday, April 14, 2015 5:37:01 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Marko
admin
beers 17703 º places 866 º 08:21 Wed 4/15/2015

The ones where acid is added later and not achieved by the brewing process are totally the best.

Travlr
beers 33886 º places 4582 º 08:37 Wed 4/15/2015

Originally posted by Marko
The ones where acid is added later and not achieved by the brewing process are totally the best.
I can think of a few like that. As an added benefit, you can add them to your car battery.

Hair
beers 3 º places 5 º 09:05 Wed 4/15/2015

Originally posted by pepsican
Originally posted by Hair
Originally posted by AdamJackson
A,most every American wild ale sucks. Russian river, allagash and Jester king being the only exception.

You are missing many, many other good ones. I’ll just chalk it up to lack of experience on your part and let you keep exploring the hobby. Good luck.

I thought he was being generous by adding Jester King in!

What about leaving Toolbox, Captain Lawrence, and Cascade out? La Folie? Cable Car? Super Freak? Tart of Darkness? Those all suck, too?

mkgrenwel
beers 619 º places 117 º 09:16 Wed 4/15/2015

Originally posted by pepsican
Originally posted by AdamJackson
A,most every American wild ale sucks. Russian river, allagash and Jester king being the only exception.

You are missing many, many other good ones. I’ll just chalk it up to lack of experience on your part and let you keep exploring the hobby. Good luck.

I thought he was being generous by adding Jester King in!

What about leaving Toolbox, Captain Lawrence, and Cascade out? Does La Folie suck? Cable Car sucks?

He’s trolling you guys hard. Look at his ratings.

Hair
beers 3 º places 5 º 09:29 Wed 4/15/2015

It happens.

beerinmeear
places 1 º 11:35 Wed 4/15/2015

Turnabout is fair play- ’mericans like to make fun of the French, and they would make fun of Belgium too if they had ever heard of it

Travlr
beers 33886 º places 4582 º 11:46 Wed 4/15/2015

Originally posted by beerinmeear
Turnabout is fair play- ’mericans like to make fun of the French, and they would make fun of Belgium too if they had ever heard of it
there hasn’t been a war in Belgium recently. ’mericans need a war in order to have heard of a place, and to be able to locate it on a map/globe.

HaStuMiteZen99
beers 1111 º places 27 º 12:19 Wed 4/15/2015

Originally posted by Travlr
there hasn’t been a war in Belgium recently. ’mericans need a war in order to have heard of a place, and to be able to locate it on a map/globe.

It probably won’t be long - the Belgians practically invade themselves.

Travlr
beers 33886 º places 4582 º 12:30 Wed 4/15/2015

Originally posted by GarethYoung
Originally posted by Travlr

It probably won’t be long - the Belgians practically invade themselves.

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 12:33 Wed 4/15/2015

why can’t we all just get along?

and Mr. James, I add a dash of fruit juice to my vinegar, sir!