Berliner Weisse in Berlin

Reads 2634 • Replies 9 • Started Monday, May 28, 2012 3:25:44 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Countbeer
beers 6586 º places 259 º 15:25 Mon 5/28/2012

Friend of mine is coming over from Berlin.
From where (shop/breepub/etc.) in Berlin can he buy the best/most Berliner Weisse?

Erzengel
beers 14471 º places 109 º 05:50 Tue 5/29/2012

All over Berlin, the only Berliner Weisse available is Berliner Kindl....
Another Berliner Weiße is the "Potsdamer Weiße" from the Braumanufaktur Potsdam, mainly available at http://www.lpg-biomarkt.de/
I don’t know of any other Berliner Weiße that is available in Germany.... (Bayerischer Bahnhof only up on request directly from the brewery in Leipzig, ans Wöllnitzer Weißbier only at the Brewery in Thuringia...)

lethe
beers 177 º places 11 º 09:32 Tue 5/29/2012

I second the Potsdamer Weisse at the natural food stores. It just started showing up for the season at the store by me and is drinking fantastic. The Kindl is dirt cheap and drinkable, but the Potsdamer is worth seeking out.
cheers

TreinJan
beers 4 º places 179 º 02:07 Wed 5/30/2012

Kindl is sometimes available in specialized beer shops in the Netherlands. Potsdamer is the thing to go for, and probably only available in and around Berlin/Potsdam.

Countbeer
beers 6586 º places 259 º 10:06 Wed 5/30/2012

Thanks for the info! This will help.
Appriciate it a lot!

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 02:45 Fri 6/1/2012

The Potsdamer sounds interesting. There’s an organic shop in Nürnberg that the list as carrying their line. Investigation required.

I still have a bottle of ~2005 Schultheiß in the cellar. Suppose I should drink it sometime.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 04:31 Sat 6/9/2012

A related question: Does anyone know a place in Berlin where you can buy the Kindl glassware? The short, fat, bowl glasses? I would love to get some of those when I visit.

lethe
beers 177 º places 11 º 05:13 Sat 6/9/2012

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
A related question: Does anyone know a place in Berlin where you can buy the Kindl glassware? The short, fat, bowl glasses? I would love to get some of those when I visit.

Ambrosetti has a lot of glassware. Not sure if they will have that in particular, but you could contact in advance. Secondly, you could probably pick one up from a bar/restaurant if you beg/pay.
cheers

Erzengel
beers 14471 º places 109 º 08:23 Wed 6/13/2012

They are quite easy to find all over Berlin - department-stores, Getränkemärkte, larger grocery-stores, etc... Finding them shouln’t be a problem :)

Nightfall
beers 1313 º places 45 º 08:31 Wed 6/13/2012

Originally posted by GodOfThunder

The german ebay (ebay.de) has them all the time, in all variations, from new to vintage.