RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Germany | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Berliner Weisse in Berlin

read 964 times • 9 replies • posted 5/28/2012 3:25:44 PM

Thread Frozen

premium
Countbeer 4429:202
Friend of mine is coming over from Berlin.
From where (shop/breepub/etc.) in Berlin can he buy the best/most Berliner Weisse?
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
Erzengel 2610:55
All over Berlin, the only Berliner Weisse available is Berliner Kindl....
Another Berliner Weiße is the "Potsdamer Weiße" from the Braumanufaktur Potsdam, mainly available at http://www.lpg-biomarkt.de/
I don’t know of any other Berliner Weiße that is available in Germany.... (Bayerischer Bahnhof only up on request directly from the brewery in Leipzig, ans Wöllnitzer Weißbier only at the Brewery in Thuringia...)
5/29/2012 5:50:05 AM

Private message send the author a private message

lethe 177:11
I second the Potsdamer Weisse at the natural food stores. It just started showing up for the season at the store by me and is drinking fantastic. The Kindl is dirt cheap and drinkable, but the Potsdamer is worth seeking out.
cheers
5/29/2012 9:32:35 AM

TreinJan 4:178
Kindl is sometimes available in specialized beer shops in the Netherlands. Potsdamer is the thing to go for, and probably only available in and around Berlin/Potsdam.
5/30/2012 2:07:31 AM

premium
Countbeer 4429:202
Thanks for the info! This will help.
Appriciate it a lot!
5/30/2012 10:06:44 AM

Erlangernick 1:2
The Potsdamer sounds interesting. There’s an organic shop in Nürnberg that the list as carrying their line. Investigation required.

I still have a bottle of ~2005 Schultheiß in the cellar. Suppose I should drink it sometime.
6/1/2012 2:45:24 AM

premium
GodOfThunder 1247:34
A related question: Does anyone know a place in Berlin where you can buy the Kindl glassware? The short, fat, bowl glasses? I would love to get some of those when I visit.
6/9/2012 4:31:52 AM

lethe 177:11
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
A related question: Does anyone know a place in Berlin where you can buy the Kindl glassware? The short, fat, bowl glasses? I would love to get some of those when I visit.

Ambrosetti has a lot of glassware. Not sure if they will have that in particular, but you could contact in advance. Secondly, you could probably pick one up from a bar/restaurant if you beg/pay.
cheers
6/9/2012 5:13:19 AM

premium
Erzengel 2610:55
They are quite easy to find all over Berlin - department-stores, Getränkemärkte, larger grocery-stores, etc... Finding them shouln’t be a problem :)
6/13/2012 8:23:49 AM

premium
Nightfall 1307:39
Originally posted by GodOfThunder

The german ebay (ebay.de) has them all the time, in all variations, from new to vintage.
6/13/2012 8:31:56 AM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search